Any new hiphop?
Feb 7, 2008 at 7:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Poetik

1000+ Head-Fier
Any of you guys have any newer hip hop recommendations? I'm not talking about no soulja boy or lil bow wow. Last thing I heard was talib kweli's newer album and I liked the vibe he got goin on there. Anyone else have anything to add to the ear's indulgence?

Feb 7, 2008 at 7:17 AM Post #2 of 5
Lupe Fiasco's The Cool seems to be gathering momentum around here. M.I.A.'s Kala is even more exceptional. Oh, and the first disc of Well Deep: Ten Years of Big Dada Recordings, a 2-CD retrospective of the Brit-hop label Big Dada, is excellent as well (folks like Roots Manuva, TY, Lotek HiFi, cLOUDEAD, Wiley). Second disc's a little unwieldy: Undergrounders like Busdriver, who I'm not all that crazy about.

Feb 7, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #3 of 5
I think you might like the album called Below the Heavens by Blu & Exile. Some old-ish school, underground fresh sound going on there.

Busdriver is great live, check him out every change you get. I haven't heard all his studio stuff, but the two albums I heard just didn't have some of that casual/crazy live vibe that I like so much.
Happy listening. Update the thread with any good stuff you find in the future.

Feb 8, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #4 of 5
Check out Pharoah Monchs new Desire, its dope as hell. Thats about all i can thnk of for new, maybe check out the new UGK- Underground Kings its dope too

Feb 8, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #5 of 5
... 2nd on Lupe Fiasco & Blu & Exile ... Also, while I like Talib's new one, I think his first 2 albums (Reflection Eternal, Quality) are much better than anything else he's released ... Although I haven't heard it yet, I hear nothing but praise for Jay-Z's newest album ...

... I would also check out Little Brother ... Their Album The Minstrel Show is great, and from what I heard, their newest album [The] Getback is also nice ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back