Any new headphones on horizon?
Nov 30, 2004 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

acg2424

100+ Head-Fier
I was just curious if anyone here might know of any new styles, or models which are coming out that might have an impact on the Headphone market. Such as the Sennheiser HD700? Does anyone here know of any cool new headphones coming out. I know a lot of time is spent on current models, but hopefully someone can shed some light on what is on the horizon.

Nov 30, 2004 at 8:50 PM Post #3 of 10
Sony MDR-SA1000/3000/5000 are based off the Qualia. If their comfort is the same as Qualia they could potentially be very comfortable and sound quality good. That's about the only headphone I'm considering.

Nov 30, 2004 at 8:53 PM Post #4 of 10
BTW, I just love Ian's avatar:

"I pity the fool that powers his K-1000's with a cheap, solid-state amplifier!"
600smile.gif

Nov 30, 2004 at 8:55 PM Post #5 of 10
sony and audio technica have been pushing out new headphones since october and many are still to come this upcoming december. Sony's major ones include 3 headphones based on the Qualia headphone design, here's a post looking at them:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ony+headphones

Audio technica just released 3 fairly pricey full sized open-air headphones as well that are currently available on audiocubes.com. They also just released a ~$100USD foldable portable headphone similar to the senn PX series, also available on audiocubes (a search should bring the post on that up, sumtin like the "px200 killer" etc). Of course they're also releasing new earbuds as usual.

I think AKG has two new headphones coming out as well, but I forgot where I found the article on those. It's been pretty quiet I think on the Sennheiser, Grado, and Beyer front. Either way, even with just the current selections it's a great time for the headphone hobby with products like the ipod pushing manufacturers to build them better and cheaper with increased competition.

Nov 30, 2004 at 8:55 PM Post #6 of 10
if i ever decide to do ultra-neutral, the short list is k501, or k1000 (if i have the cash) or one of the baby qualias (we'll see!)

Nov 30, 2004 at 9:01 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by dave-the-rave
BTW, I just love Ian's avatar:

"I pity the fool that powers his K-1000's with a cheap, solid-state amplifier!"
600smile.gif

"suckas!"
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
if i ever decide to do ultra-neutral, the short list is k501, or k1000 (if i have the cash) or one of the baby qualias (we'll see!)

Well when I acquire baby qualia we can get Romanee to bring the K501 and have another face off.

Nov 30, 2004 at 9:06 PM Post #8 of 10
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ony+headphones

Audio technica just released 3 fairly pricey full sized open-air headphones as well that are currently available on audiocubes.com. They also just released a ~$100USD foldable portable headphone similar to the senn PX series, also available on audiocubes (a search should bring the post on that up, sumtin like the "px200 killer" etc). Of course they're also releasing new earbuds as usual.

Have you heard the so called PX200 killers? How do they stack up against other portable headphones?

Dec 1, 2004 at 3:05 AM Post #10 of 10
I was thinking about picking up those new fc-7s for my new mpx220/mp3 rig. I would also love to hear some input. I heard that they don't really isolate all that great.

What's the story on that behind-the-neck grado I saw at the last new york meet impressions thread? That is the one I am waiting for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back