Any Michigan Wolverines Here?
Jul 19, 2006 at 12:52 PM Post #16 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by ls20
i love the wolverines! in fact, i have a poster of their football team on my wall! it looks like this:

vince-young.jpg

biggrin.gif

Hook 'em NATIONAL CHAMPION Horns!!!!!

I was at that game and at the last Rose Bowl.

To keep on topic, I definitely like Michigan the school and the campus is great, I have always enjoyed myself when visiting. I also always cheer for Michigan when they play Ohio State.
biggrin.gif

Jul 19, 2006 at 5:25 PM Post #17 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by SunByrne
"Yeah, we seat 110,000+, but even the faculty have to sit on waiting lists for years to get tickets..."

My aunt, dad, and a few other relatives graduated there years ago, and with a masters too, same story
plainface.gif

My dad obtained his tickets after waiting his turn, and after 20 years fyi to get his season tickets...

And tickets back a decade or more ago were every bit as hard to obtain then too....no matter how many people they cram into the bighouse
wink.gif

my advice, get on a waiting list..I have been on it for 14 years myself with nothing yet...fyi
Go
lambda.gif

Jul 19, 2006 at 5:29 PM Post #18 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner
Hook 'em NATIONAL CHAMPION Horns!!!!!

I was at that game and at the last Rose Bowl.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I was at this game, tough loss to take, they killed us..way to go Horns, you earned it..

~boy I wish they would fire Carr sometime soon
blink.gif
*was that out loud*?
blink.gif

It has been hard watching him the UM the last 5 years, somewhat...especially looking at the lack of domination in any of the following important and historically strong categories the Wolves' usually possess in spades..
frown.gif

Offensive Line, Special Teams, Defensive, Running Game..

BUELLER, BUELLER? Anyone

Jul 19, 2006 at 5:46 PM Post #19 of 43
Killed? That's not how my remeber it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler
Yeah, I was at this game, tough loss to take, they killed us..way to go Horns, you earned it..

Jul 19, 2006 at 6:48 PM Post #20 of 43
BSEE '99. Go Blue!

I lived near the Football Stadium on Main Street for two years in the house that now (or last I saw when I was in A2) has a monster M on the front of it. Gawd, that place was a dump!

Ah, Ann Arbor...So many yummy places to eat at...

Jul 19, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #21 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236
Killed? That's not how my remeber it.

The score was close, the game in person was not..we could not stop Young, period.

plainface.gif

Jul 20, 2006 at 4:31 AM Post #22 of 43
i'm going to be a freshman as well.

i got my housing a few days ago...couzens hall for me.

Jul 20, 2006 at 12:12 PM Post #23 of 43
I don't feel the need to go through stat by stat, but I hardly think any of those states demonstrate "killing." Yes, Texas gained more yards and lead it pretty much all those related categories.

For your benefit, I have cut out all but the most important "stat" and even bolded it for your convenience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler
TEXAS MICH
Score......................... 38 37

The game came down to the last few minutes. How can that POSSIBLY be a "killing"?

Jul 20, 2006 at 1:12 PM Post #24 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by cwuzer
i'm going to be a freshman as well.

i got my housing a few days ago...couzens hall for me.

you should eat at Markley then. The food is much much better. Probably the best dining hall on campus next to Burseley up on North Campus.

Jul 20, 2006 at 1:30 PM Post #25 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Nice Guy
I'm heading up to the U of M - Ann Arbor for my freshman year this fall. I was wondering if there are any past or present wolverines on this board?

I've been a longtime lurker on this board (you can tell by my post count and registration date) so now that i finally have a free summer, I'm going to try and get back into the head-fi world.

Here. EE Class 2002.

Jul 20, 2006 at 3:04 PM Post #26 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236
I don't feel the need to go through stat by stat, but I hardly think any of those states demonstrate "killing." Yes, Texas gained more yards and lead it pretty much all those related categories.

For your benefit, I have cut out all but the most important "stat" and even bolded it for your convenience.

The game came down to the last few minutes. How can that POSSIBLY be a "killing"?

I was at the game, they pysically ran circles around our defensive unit. Their Defense shut down our offensive line like a lemonade stand in a hurricane, forcing us to pass pass pass, no running game established like the big blue is known for..hence our passing stats VS running..
No worries!!
biggrin.gif

I am editing my post, as the stats did not display correctly anyway and takes up space, watch the game again if you like, there was no stopping Young that day, this every fan knew from the first Qtr..
Go BLUE!!

Jul 20, 2006 at 4:11 PM Post #27 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert
Here. EE Class 2002.

small world. Me too. My concentration was DSP. you?

Jul 20, 2006 at 5:19 PM Post #28 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by jefemeister
small world. Me too. My concentration was DSP. you?

I took DSP and DSP lab. from Yagle and was his grader for DSP for 2 semasters.But I guess I took more class in microarchitecture and VLSI.

biggrin.gif
I probably know you personally LMAO.

Jul 21, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #29 of 43
a question for those who have attended u of m...

i got a single in couzens hall. i already have a headphone setup i am satisfied with...but now i'm wondering about speakers...

is there enough room for speakers or should i just get a smaller 2.1/5.1 system and call it a deal?

Jul 21, 2006 at 1:45 AM Post #30 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by cwuzer
a question for those who have attended u of m...

i got a single in couzens hall. i already have a headphone setup i am satisfied with...but now i'm wondering about speakers...

is there enough room for speakers or should i just get a smaller 2.1/5.1 system and call it a deal?

Couzens is one of the oldest dorms I believe. I was only in it once, but I think the rooms are pretty small. I wouln't get anything big, I doubt 5.1 is worth it either. Don't have anything too nice that you wouldn't mind losing IMO unless you can lock it up somehow. Parties, random people walking around, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back