Any Mexicans here?
Sep 9, 2001 at 2:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Onix

Papá de Iñaki
Hell, if it's only Francisco and me around here, well, then it's a very lonely world
frown.gif
. In any case, come up and let me know who and where you are. I guess I want to be reassured I am not the only headphone audiophile being affected with the Mexican crisis
mad.gif
. Well, come up people!!!
biggrin.gif
(Me pregunto por qué escribí eso en inglés
confused.gif
. Quién sabe)

Sep 9, 2001 at 3:10 PM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Me pregunto por qué escribí eso en inglés . Quién sabe

Puedo hablar el español, (Bien pequeño, nacía aquí en los estados unidos) pero yo no soy mexicano.
¡Pero hay unos pocos latinos aquí en Head=FI!

smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 9, 2001 at 4:57 PM Post #5 of 15
Been to Taco Bell, does that count?
wink.gif

Sep 9, 2001 at 7:55 PM Post #7 of 15
But it's okay, you guys can be honorary Mexicans if you want to
cool.gif
biggrin.gif
. I just wanted to know if there are more people concerned with headphones down here. I am just starting to feel a little odd
confused.gif

Bootman (so are your parents Mexican?), Hongda and Philosopher: You have a very good Spanish. The Mexican crisis I am talking about is caused by the desaceleration of the U.S. economy. We have no inflation, but no growth, so it's like been stuck in limbo. At the same time, salaries are steady and taxes are high, specially on import products. So a good audio component is ussually about a hundred dollars more expensive than the in the U.S.

But probably the biggest crisis is the fact that no one knows crap about Grado down here and every time I enter a public place people looks at me funny, specially those jerks with crappy over the neck no name cans. I am beggining to believe that there are only two of us Grado lovers in this whole country, and that's two in 80 million people
eek.gif

Sep 9, 2001 at 8:16 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Bootman (so are your parents Mexican?),

Mis padres son del Puerto Rico.

whew, I'm not used to writing in spanish.
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2001 at 8:24 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

. I am beggining to believe that there are only two of us Grado lovers in this whole country, and that's two in 80 million people

On the plus side, at least you can pronounce Grado the right way
biggrin.gif

While most people who have these headphones around the whole have problems, unless they know Spanish or Italian.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 9, 2001 at 9:17 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...

On the plus side, at least you can pronounce Grado the right way
biggrin.gif

While most people who have these headphones around the whole have problems, unless they know Spanish or Italian.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah. You are rigth
biggrin.gif
. Very cool.

Sep 10, 2001 at 9:05 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by acidtripwow
Mexico? Is that near Detroit? I'm not Mexican but both my parents are.
biggrin.gif

Well Acid, Mexico is actually a little further to the south
biggrin.gif
You know guys, I am actually kind of enjoying the feeling of being one of the few selected headwizers/headfizers in Mexico. Kinda makes me feel special.
cool.gif

Jan 26, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #14 of 15
A bit late to the thread, but another proud mexican Head-Fier reporting here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back