Any meets in the Wisconsin Area? (Milwaukee, Madison, Fox Valley, Chicago)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #16 of 35
I might consider a meet in the central WI area. Limited on travel I can do. I have Headamp KGSS and Stax SR-007 mk2. Would love to have a chance to hear some other nice Headphones.

Jun 28, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #17 of 35
I'd love to see a local-ish meet somewhere like Madison or the Fox Valley.  Do you guys think we could get together enough people for it?  I'm always surprised by the lack of people I run into on the Internets that are from Northeastern Wisconsin.

If anyone'd be serious about working on this, please respond!

Unfortunately I re-entered the hobby a bit too late to get to the Chicago meet this year.  Will have to next year. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 9, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #19 of 35
I may be up for something, depending on when and where. I'm in IL, but just south of the border. I'd be up for commuting to/around Milwaukee. I'm moving back to New York in October though, so that would be a pretty big factor. 

Subbing to thread anyways just in case something does come together. 

Aug 20, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #20 of 35
New here, too.  Looked at the Chicago area meetup thread, but I think something in/around Madison or Milwaukee would be great.

Oct 31, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #21 of 35
I'm in the Madison area, and although I've got limited equipment (Weston 4, JVC FX90, Denon C751, Fiio E17, and some midlevel vinyl equipment) I would be willing to meet!

Dec 28, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #22 of 35
I'm in SE WI and would be interested in any meet(s) in the Milwaukee/Madison/Fox Valley to Chicago area.  Brand new to HP listening, expecting a pair of A900x's to arrive in a couple of days, will be listening to them off an Onkyo TX-870 until I can afford/decide which HP amp to get.

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #23 of 35
Still hoping to run across more interested people, especially those north of Madison and Milwaukee.  It is not worth the effort to try to get a local meetup going yet.  I guess living in/near a big city has benefits...

Mar 4, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #24 of 35
I'm headed to Chicago on Saturday April 25 to participate in that meet and check out the expo. I'm located very near Madison if carpooling is something anyone wants to discuss.

Or if anyone is in Madison in general and wants to meet to talk shop and get a beer that be fun too.

Apr 10, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #25 of 35
I'd be down! Even if it's just a get together to chat about headphones and try each other's gear.

For reference, my gear:

Over ear: Beyerdynamic T90, Beyerdynamic DT770 80 Ohm, ZMF x Vibro (trading/selling soon), Pioneer HDJ2000
On Ear: Thinksound on1
In Ear: Thinksound MS01, RHA MA750i
AMP/DAC: Magni/Modi stack

Let me know! I'd love the chance to meet up.

Apr 15, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #28 of 35
I would be in. I like Chicago but it can be a total clusterfuk traffic and parking wise. Have not had a great experience with the cops there as well. Kind of too late to have a spring meet but if you guys have a fall meet I could bring the following.

Auralic ark mx+

Stax srm 727ii
Apex Peak/Volcano
Wheatfield ha-2

Airbow sr-sc-11
HE-1000
HD800

If St. Louis is not too far I think we might have a yearly thing now. These little meets are great. Not every single headphone, amp and dac but a nice quiet environment where you can get a pretty good listen.

Apr 16, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #29 of 35
I'm in the far west, bordering on Middleton/Fitchburg, side of Madison. Sorry for not mentioning that in my first post!

Also, I'm looking at potentially buying and building a bottlehead crack with speedball upgrade. Does anyone here have experience with that and the necessary hardware that can supervise as I build and guide me along? I haven't soldered since high school (so about 15 years). I'd buy you beer or pizza or whatnot afterwards.

Jun 13, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #30 of 35
I'm in Madison - the west side very near UW Health/hospital. I just moved here in February.

I could bring HD650s, HE-500, a Schiit Magni, and some ATH-im70.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back