Any M4a/M4p to MP3 converters for Vista 64?
Sep 27, 2009 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

wes.coleman

100+ Head-Fier
I'd like to convert some of my library I bought from iTunes to MP3's so I can put them on my Zune HD. Unfortunately, I just installed Vista 64 last night and the only programs that I can find that do such a task are compatible only with 32 bit OS's. Does anyone know of a reputable 64-bit compatible music converter?

Sep 27, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #2 of 4
I found a program by the name of dBpoweramp. It seems to be compatible with Vista 64. Does anyone have any experience with this program?

Sep 28, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by dudude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,

I use TuneClone Audio Converter to help me convert M4P to MP3.

However, I am not sure whether it is compatible with Vista 64 bit, since I am using 32 bit.

I'm going to have to use my friends laptop to download TuneClone and convert my remaining .M4P files. dBpoweramp will not recognize or convert .M4P files. It handled my .m4a and other AAC files with ease, though. It even fully utilizes multiple cores of your processor. In the batch conversion process, it will show what each core is currently converting. It's pretty cool. Make sure your CPU runs somewhat cool, because this slams it to 100% (mine was at 100% for about 90 minutes and was fine, but mine is brand new and has fresh Arctic Silver 5).

Despite not being able to convert .M4P files, I actually bought dBpoweramp outright and it's a fantastic conversion tool. For $36 you get an excellent batch converter and an easy codec plugins. I would highly recommend it if you have a library you would like to convert from one format to another (sans .M4P of course)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back