Any KOSS SportaPro owners here?
Apr 7, 2006 at 2:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

audiomonkey

New Head-Fier
I need some new headphones, and are looking at the PortaPro2 and SportaPro.

I like that the SportaPro can be worn in 2 positions, and the fact it comes with a storage bag.

Anyone have a pic of the headphones and the bag?

Couple of questions :

1. Is the bag that comes with the Sportapro pretty good? Someone commented on a review that its hard to get in the bag, since the bag is small. I like the fact it comes with a storage bag, but if its a hassle to use, I wont

2. The PortaPro2s are $5 more on J&R.com. I like the look of the Sportapro, plus the fact it can be worn on the back of your head and the top like regular headphones. Are the PortaPros built alot better? Many comments state the SportaPros "look very cheap" and "feel like they are going to break".

3. How are they quality wise?

Thanks.

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:06 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiomonkey
I need some new headphones, and are looking at the PortaPro2 and SportaPro.

I like that the SportaPro can be worn in 2 positions, and the fact it comes with a storage bag.

Anyone have a pic of the headphones and the bag?

Couple of questions :

1. Is the bag that comes with the Sportapro pretty good? Someone commented on a review that its hard to get in the bag, since the bag is small. I like the fact it comes with a storage bag, but if its a hassle to use, I wont

2. The PortaPro2s are $5 more on J&R.com. I like the look of the Sportapro, plus the fact it can be worn on the back of your head and the top like regular headphones. Are the PortaPros built alot better? Many comments state the SportaPros "look very cheap" and "feel like they are going to break".

3. How are they quality wise?

Thanks.

I like my sportas... they are very bass heavy though IMHO, although they do have some highs and mids to balance things out. Bag is almost useless, you really have to wpork at it to get the phones in there.

Garrett

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:12 AM Post #6 of 10
I was also looking at the PortaPro2 model. If I wear them with the band on the back of my head at my desk, woudl they stay on pretty well?

If the bag is indeed useless for the Sportapro, that sucks. I will be transporting these around alot and wanted some protection.

PortaPro2 is $5 more right now on J&R.com

Apr 7, 2006 at 5:04 AM Post #7 of 10
portapro2 isn't adjustable to behind the neck, only sportapro. the sportapro is not flimsy, just don't step on em or anything and they'll last. they fit in the bag but they don't just drop in, you have to do a little tugging.

Apr 7, 2006 at 6:30 AM Post #8 of 10
You can put the Sportapros in the baggie, it's not useless if you don't mind taking a little time to put them in and take them out everytime.

I also found that switching the headband to the "around-the-back" configuration on them places more pressure on my head so I prefer having the headband over my head.

I've also had my pair for coming on 4 years and I've just had to change the pads on them so I can definitely vouch for their durability. I've thrown them in my bookbag quite frequently and still performs like a champ. Worse comes to worse, it's a couple bucks to ship them to Koss for repairs because of their lifetime warranty.

Also, the Sportapros are a slight bit bassier than the Portapros as mentioned but they seem to synergize well with my iPod. Along with the headband adjustment, it's a little more aesthetically pleasing than the Portapro.

It's a great bang for the buck and a good portable phone.

Nov 21, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #9 of 10
You can put the Sportapros in the baggie, it's not useless if you don't mind taking a little time to put them in and take them out everytime.

I also found that switching the headband to the "around-the-back" configuration on them places more pressure on my head so I prefer having the headband over my head.

I've also had my pair for coming on 4 years and I've just had to change the pads on them so I can definitely vouch for their durability. I've thrown them in my bookbag quite frequently and still performs like a champ. Worse comes to worse, it's a couple bucks to ship them to Koss for repairs because of their lifetime warranty.

Also, the Sportapros are a slight bit bassier than the Portapros as mentioned but they seem to synergize well with my iPod. Along with the headband adjustment, it's a little more aesthetically pleasing than the Portapro.

It's a great bang for the buck and a good portable phone.

And if the headband breaks on either the Portas or the Sportas, but the drivers are still intact, get a pair of these, remove the Parts-Express drivers and toss those out 'cause they're garbage, and snap the Koss drivers onto the headband in their place, and you got ghettomodded Portas/Sportas.

Feb 17, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #10 of 10
How comfortable is the Sporta wearing it as a headband? How does it sound with the KSC75 driver? I have an extra KSC75 lying around, and I'm thinking of picking up a Porta Pro or a SportaPro.

I have one of the Parts Express headbands but I don't like it.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back