Any kind head-fier got a spare Shure olive or two?
Dec 3, 2008 at 1:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Duffy1207

100+ Head-Fier
Hi.

Does anyone on here have a spare Shure olive or two so I can try fitting some to me Denon C751's.

I've heard it can be done with modification to the tip, but I don't want to spend £15 on a few of them if I can't get them to fit properly.

I'm not expecting many replies, but I'll pay P&P and even a little for the actual olive/s if you want.

Thanks for any response.

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Come on, he only wants one, not even two, and will pay for shipping! He Isn't just a cheapskate trying to get a free pair.

If I had a pair, I would gladly stick them in the post!

Matt

Thanks for the offer, much appreciated.

I was going to bump this in a bit, but I don't wanna look like I'm forcing people to send me one by asking again and again.

Dec 4, 2008 at 1:01 PM Post #4 of 21
I could probably find one for you - but I'm sure you can find someone who doesn't need to ship from Australia... if not PM and I'll try to help out. Hell if you just want to see if it fits surely someone in the UK can send you a used one - horrible as it is it would get the job done...

Better yet email Shure, explain your situation, that you just want to try one, and then if it fits you're happy to buy and I'm sure they'll help you - they had their Aussie distributor send me a few of their tips a year or so ago.

Dec 4, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by eduj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have 3 pairs i never used.PM me with your address and i'll mail a pair to you for free.

Thank you very much for the offer, I'll pm you as soon as i get on the pc, on my phone at the moment.

Dec 4, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #11 of 21
No... I was replying to cantsleep's post about some other guy! I'm not that rude directly to people!
eek.gif

I use customs so I don't have a pair, I meant "if i had a pair." should have bolded or italic'd originally, thought "had" was clear enough, you must have misread.

Quote:

If I had a pair, I would gladly stick them in the post!

Sorry to disappoint you. You've had a few offers though
biggrin.gif

Matt

Dec 4, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

No... I was replying to cantsleep's post about some other guy! I'm not that rude directly to people!
eek.gif

I use customs so I don't have a pair, I meant "if i had a pair." should have bolded or italic'd originally, thought "had" was clear enough, you must have misread.

Sorry to disappoint you. You've had a few offers though
biggrin.gif

Matt

No no, I'm sorry, I messed up the quote, it was done on my phone, and I believed I was clicking "quote" for another post. I didn't notice any more posts had been added.

I was supposed to quote the guy who offered to send me a free pair, named "eduj," but I quoted you by mistake.

Sorry for any confusion/offense caused, I'm highly greatful for the offers and would not reply rudely to somebody without good reason.

Hope this clears it up, I'll go back and edit the post now.

Thanks to Baines93 for kickstarting the thread earlier on.
Mentioning the "93" in your name, surely you're not 14/15 and a headphoneus supremous? That's pretty good going if you are.

Dec 5, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i remember sending free tips, once or twice. i never got a response after i sent them. i dont know if they got the tips or not.

You sent me some tips way back when I was first getting started in head-fi, around two years ago. I do believe I thanked you. If I didn't, thanks. I tested them out and I think I ended up buying a set.

Dec 5, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

I sure am
smily_headphones1.gif

Bass quality over quantity, and treble/highs over bass...
biggrin.gif

I wasn't like that at 17.

I'd just got CX300's and raved on about how good they were, and got about 4 of my mates to get some too.

Glad things have changed over the last couple of years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back