Any Jack's Mannequin Fans?
Feb 4, 2007 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

hulkster

100+ Head-Fier
I'm ususally not one to listen to really mainstream music, but if it sounds good, I'm there. Jack's Mannequin's CD "Everything in Transit" honestly blew me away. I'm preety sure it's nother project from the lead singer of Something Corporate, Andrew McMahon. He had leukemia and overcame it when this album was being made and and released. Check it out if your into something different form the mainstream, but not really indie rock.

Feb 5, 2007 at 12:26 PM Post #3 of 7
Oh man, "The Mixed Tape" is a great song. I was hooked on Jack's Mannequin for a while there, before I discovered Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Boys Like Girls, and 30 Seconds to Mars, though.

Feb 5, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #4 of 7
Big Jack's Mannequin fan here. I love the songs Dark Blue and Bruised. Unfortunately, Everything In Transit is a pretty poorly recorded CD, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #6 of 7
Yeah. I was a bigger SoCo fan in highschool, and was more than delighted to hear his record. If I remember, he said somewhere that JM was lyrically a different direction that he could never take with SoCo. I honestly think its better than Leaving Through The Window or North.

Feb 27, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #7 of 7
I know I'm bumping a 2 year old thread, but I'm curious. "The Glass Passenger" has been out for a few months now, and it is still on constant rotation in my collection. I find myself constantly grabbing for it. I just can't get enough. Why do you think of it? I hate to be so bold, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it was my favorite album of 2008.

My favorite track lyrically is either "Hammers and Strings" or "Crashin".
My favorite track musically is "Caves". It is hands-down the best track on the album.

Anyway, I just found out that Jack's Mannequin will be at the House of Blues here in New Orleans on May 9th. Already got my tickets! It will be my second time seeing them this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back