Any interest in an Amherst, MA mini-meet? (Western Mass) @ UMASS
Jun 17, 2006 at 3:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Towert7

Headphoneus Supremus
This is just to get a rough estimate, to see if there would be any interest in having a meet in Amherst, MA at UMASS. Nothing this summer, but possibly summer 07 if there is enough interest.

I have connections in the UMASS physics department, and I could get several rooms reserved during the summer for free VERY easy for a whole day. There is plenty of parking at UMASS as well (We have a huge garage here). So, instead of paying a small donation, you basically just pay your garage fee.

Just wondering how many people in the area or around would be up for having a meet here, summer time 07.

There are free bus services here that take you right to the town (2 miles away) where there is plenty of places to eat and whatnot. As well as a food court on campus in the building right next to this physics building (less then 100 feet away).

So, lets hear your opinions! Any interest in this location?

~Drew

Jun 20, 2006 at 6:52 PM Post #2 of 10
I'd come, but I think your looooooong range planning will not get too many people excited. I'd say think about summer / fall 2006, then you might strike up some interest. Also, the room you are thinking of really needs to be equipped with tables ( a few chairs wouldn't hurt either) and lots and lots of electricity via tons of wall outlets. Many if not most of the sources and amps do not run on batteries.

Jun 20, 2006 at 10:27 PM Post #3 of 10
yeah that is way too far ahead in the future to be thinking about now. I am looking forward to the Boston Meet in August.

Jun 22, 2006 at 12:43 AM Post #4 of 10
Yea, I was a little worried about posting this so far in advance.

Most rooms have at least 10 AC outlets, and im sure with some power strips that should be enough.

There are also tables and chairs.

This would have to be during the summer, when classes are not using these rooms, so that rules out the fall. And, with the possible malborough/boston meet during the same time..... I think the other meet would have more attendance (which I also plan on going to).

Jun 28, 2006 at 11:04 AM Post #6 of 10
Nothing like the present, Drew.

(Of course Nabwong who is in SE Asia presently cannot attend.)
eggosmile.gif

Jun 28, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #7 of 10
I go to school at Williams so if you plan a meet for the academic year I could possibly come. Next summer I might not be in the country so that would be tough for me to do.

Nov 6, 2006 at 1:08 PM Post #9 of 10
hey dude,

it's been a while since this idea was up - but im a freshman at umass this year and i figured it's about time to see who my fellow head-fiers are and this seemed like an interesting place to start

-keith

Nov 30, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by kukrisna /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey dude,

it's been a while since this idea was up - but im a freshman at umass this year and i figured it's about time to see who my fellow head-fiers are and this seemed like an interesting place to start

-keith

Hi Keith. Nice to see another person at UMass into head-fi.
I'm actually not sure if I will be working in the physics department this summer. Plus, after going to a meet, I see there is a lot of preparation that needs to be done, so it may be over my head at the moment. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back