Any info on AT-CM7 and AT-CM7ti?
Nov 30, 2003 at 12:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dragonlong

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, all. I haven't been visiting this place as regularly as I used to, but now I'm back, and I'm glad I am. ^_^

I noticed that there were a few new "phones" released during my absence, and I'm very curious as to their sound qualities. I remembered seeing stuff about the Cresyn and CM5, but now there's also CM7 and CM7ti? Whoa! Looking at the specs on AudioCubes, they look/sound like they're possibly E888 killers, and they better be considering how much more expensive they are!

I did a search on "CM7" here, but I only found threads that very briefly mentioned anything about them, nothing detailed at all. Of all my 'phones, the E888s are still my favourite, but I'm always seeking for something better.

Thus I'm willing to test these CM7s if no one else is brave enough to shell out the moolah for them. However, right now, I need some help deciding whether I should get the regular aluminum CM7 or the titanium CM7ti? I don't think I've ever worn anything "titanium" before, so I don't know the difference between aluminum and titanium other than hearing that titanium is stronger/harder/more durable. Also, the CM7ti costs $159 whereas the regular CM7 costs $129. Is it worth the extra $30 for the "ti"? Is there any other practical difference between titanium and aluminum other than hardness/durability?

Has anyone bought any kind of CM7 yet?
Any comments for or against getting any of the CM7 models?

Also, the EM9r and EW9 seem interesting too, although my urge to get any of those is much less than for the CM7(ti).

Any comments on any of the above mentioned "phones" would be greatly appreciated.

And BTW, Happy belated Thanksgiving to all those in the US! (I'm in Canada and we've already had ours in October, but I'd celebrate with you if I could.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back