Any inexpensive way to enhance the soundstage from a Teac CD-P650 + Sony MRD-V6 combination?
Dec 11, 2011 at 8:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

SmilinKev

New Head-Fier
I am new to Head-Fi and the wallet-clearing world of headphones (and related components).  My budget is very limited and that's probably a very good thing, since I also have miserable hearing (as a result of military service).

I just put together - on the basis of information and guidance I found here on Head-Fi, as well as some comparative listening before I purchased - a simple combination that gives me the best listening experience I've ever had:  a Teac CD-650 single-disc player and a set of Sony MRD-V6 headphones.  I know that for many (perhaps most) of you, this is a seriously "low-fi" system . . . but it is what I can afford and I'm really happy with it.

The one thing I would like to do, if it is possible (and without spending more than the $170 I paid for the CD-650), is to broaden and deepen the soundstage that's created by my combo.  I listen mostly to classic and contemporary rock and pop music, but I enjoy (and have at least a few CDs) of just about everything (except for opera and post-melodic jazz).  Because of my need to protect the hearing I've got left, I keep my headphones' volume as low as possible and enjoy the challenge of teasing out the elements of the sonic world they create.

Any suggestions you have will be greatly appreciated, as will (if necessary) delivering the news that what I'm asking for either isn't possible or isn't feasible without investing more money.

Thanks for looking and, if you've got advice, for your help!

Keep listening and keep smilin',
Kev

Users who are viewing this thread

Back