Any iem comparable to Etymotic?
Oct 28, 2014 at 10:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

crossidmary

Head-Fier
Hello!
Looking for an iem that has isolation comparable to Ety, a remote & mic and obviously stellar SQ. Don't care much about the number of drivers or the type of driver. I've now gained enough experience to know that a single DD tuned properly can sound pretty darn good.
Thanks for any input - I'm hoping to glean from the wealth of knowledge here.

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #2 of 4
Hello!
Looking for an iem that has isolation comparable to Ety, a remote & mic and obviously stellar SQ. Don't care much about the number of drivers or the type of driver. I've now gained enough experience to know that a single DD tuned properly can sound pretty darn good.
Thanks for any input - I'm hoping to glean from the wealth of knowledge here.

What is your budget? If you want something like an Etymotic, then at least tell us why you don't want to buy an Etomotic. 

Is the price the reason? I bought the Sony XBA-1, and I find it isolates very well when placed deeply in the ear, with the outer end even with my tragus.
The XBA-1 is only around $25 now. The XBA-1P version with mic and controls for iphone is around $35 now. 

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to keep it between $200-$300.
I actually really like the Ety line but I've already owned them. My desire for something different is the impetus here. My hf3 have died and before I replace them with the same I want to make sure that's the best "bang for the buck".
Thanks.

Oct 29, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #4 of 4
I really like Etys but the design is uncomfortable - I don't want my brain poked!

Look at the Westone UM Pro 10 - a single BA but in a Westone/Shure style capsule - sounds very similar to an Ety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back