Any ideas on how to make Fidelio L2's more comfortable?
Jan 22, 2016 at 12:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Andrew Rieger

500+ Head-Fier
New here, been reading threads for a while though. I just picked up some barely used Phillips Fidelio L2's from an audiophile buddy of mine for a steal. He liked but didn't love them, mostly because he found them to be slightly uncomfortable but said they sounded killer for the price. Anyways, I think they sound great through my DAC/AMP but he is right, they are a tad uncomfortable because of how thin and poorly padded the head band it.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make these super comfy? I was even thinking of making some kind of custom band or trying to adapt something like this to fit: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1072796-REG/audeze_lcd2_hb_l_bl_yk_lcd2_headband_with_yoke.html

It's complicated because there are wires than run through the headband so making some kind of custom headband would be more difficult. 

I see some snap on pads online but they kinda ruin the look of the phones and they seem to be made for cans with thicker bands so I'm not sure they would even fit. Its pretty frustrating because they sound fantastic but I have to take them off after about an hour. 

right now, I'm folding a black sock and laying it flat on my head for extra padding which is helping but its far from ideal. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back