Any ideas for a noob who just bought Sony PHA-1?
Nov 20, 2014 at 11:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

LeDave

100+ Head-Fier
I just ordered a brand new PHA-1 from Amazon with free Prime shipping. Am excited to test it with my new iPhone 6 and my 1 and 1/2 year old Audio Technica ATH-M50. This will be my first amp EVER. Literally, not just portable, but ever. I hope it will come with english instructions because it is shipping from Amazon. If anybody have any hints, tricks, special instructions for me, I will be more than grateful to read and learn. For now, I will go page by page, back through the threads, and read as much as I can. The PHA-1 won't arrive for a few days. I wouldn't say I'm a audiophile yet, but one in the making! =P

Nov 20, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #2 of 4
Put it on low gain setting for in ears,and high gain for headphones over 100 ohms, but try low gain if you have'phones under 70 ohms first. Let me know how you get along with it as I'm thinking of getting it as well.

Nov 20, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #3 of 4
  Put it on low gain setting for in ears,and high gain for headphones over 100 ohms, but try low gain if you have'phones under 70 ohms first. Let me know how you get along with it as I'm thinking of getting it as well.

I am sorry for my noobiness. What are ohms. Also how do I find out how much ohm my headphones are? I have a Audio Technica ATH-M50 and a JVC HA-RX900

EDIT: OK, so I searched up OHM and looked at the OHM of the Audio Technica ATH-M50, http://www.audiobot9000.com/match/audio-technica/ath-m50/with/sony/pha1

It shows a impendance of 38 Ω. So I should try low first? Does 38 Ω means 38 OHM? Also that site doesn't show information on the JVX HA-RX900.. Boo =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back