Any idea on new Klipsch models?
Aug 8, 2010 at 2:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

sel00264

New Head-Fier
I've read around here that there were rumors of some sort about new Klipsch IEM's or even headphones coming this year.  Any info on any site to read, I can't seem to find anything else.  I am wondering because I have been considering upgrading from the S4 to the X5 or X10 and want to know if its worth doing so now, or waiting for something new.  When do new models usually come out? 

Aug 8, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #2 of 13
All Ive seen is Klipsch taking the same models and adding phone capability.  They are in dire need of a redesign on the stress reliefs.

Aug 8, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #3 of 13
Haha, I think they may have forgotten about their IEM division at this point. They discontinued the Custom series after it got poor reviews (and I assume it didn't sell well?) for the cables. It's odd actually because the customs were liked for the quality and all they had to do was redo the cables.

At any rate, I haven't heard/read anything about new klipsch models recently, but then I'm not around here all the time so I may have missed something. IMO the Custom 3 is now a very good deal for the quality, and I was debating buying one over the DDMs but being a gadget guy I decided I had to get the dual dynamic driver over the more plain dual BA.

Aug 8, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #4 of 13
Well Id like to see them redesign  the custom 3 with a better cable and add a driver, i think it would compete with the other triple driver phones very well 
happy_face1.gif

Aug 8, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #5 of 13
Back in May, Japanese A/V website Phile-web interviewed Klipsch's Asia-Pacific Regional Vice President who confirmed the upcoming announcement and release of the Klipsch Image S3 and S5, as well as the long-rumored full-size headphones, but details were scarce and there were no updates since.  The thread I started received very little attention, probably since people were expecting something a little higher-end for their earphone line, and that the part of the interview that covered the new models was pretty much just an announcement of an announcement.

Aug 8, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #6 of 13
i think they could have rescued the Custom line by just giving them user replaceable cables.

the custom 3 was fantastic sounding but had the worst cable ever.  i managed to break the one on mine after only a few days of having it and its not like treat things roughly.

Aug 8, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #7 of 13

Quote:
i think they could have rescued the Custom line by just giving them user replaceable cables.

the custom 3 was fantastic sounding but had the worst cable ever.  i managed to break the one on mine after only a few days of having it and its not like treat things roughly.

How did you manage to break it mark ?

Aug 8, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #10 of 13
That's interesting.  S3 is likely to be a step down from the S4, and the S5 could be slightly better.  Perhaps they are still keeping the X5 and X10 around, then I could justify upgrading. 

Aug 8, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #12 of 13
I've dropped my ipod a few times w/ monster MD's in my ears and no issues despite having the 'weakest' Monster cables.  I guess they aren't made in the Copper factory.  
wink_face.gif
  Back to Klipsch.

Aug 9, 2010 at 8:11 AM Post #13 of 13
I might send my Custom 3's in to get re-cased, so I can bring some utility back to an otherwise good sounding earphone.  I could get them replaced under warranty, but it seems like a hassle for something that will inevitably happen again.  If nothing else, I might get brave and try to rewire them with a better cable and no memory wire.

When I saw this thread title, I was disappointed to read about the S3 and S5.  It would be nice to hear of them making a 3 way model in a custom series style shell with replaceable cables or at least a cable on par with the other high-end IEMs on the market.  While I am dreaming, it would also be nice if they took their patented oval style tips and started making styles (e.g. foam, more sizes, etc) that fit multiple headphones, but I know that will never happen.  Those oval tips are so comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back