Any idea how to avoid UPS?
Jan 24, 2005 at 9:09 PM Post #31 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunnyears
Would you like me to telephone for you? If you have conference calling I am sure that I could translate your accent. I do very well for my huband's family some of whom are almost unintelligible in English. You are so like most of the men that I know who dread getting on the phone and talking to a "stranger." My husband won't even call for his own pizza if he can get anyone else to do it.
rolleyes.gif

LOL.....It's not often that I'm all alone using a PC and my sides are litteraly hurting......
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the offer I just sent a third e-mail to the nice lady who is part of this saga.

But I would like a vegetarian pizza with some exotic flavor that only you can provide when you write in the fine cuisine part of this Forum....
wink.gif

Seriously, thanks, I will let Etymotic and UPS simmer a little longer.

Amicalement

EDIT: Dont
blink.gif
me....you are the one who brought the pizza ordering service on the table...LOL

Feb 11, 2005 at 8:40 PM Post #33 of 37
On this friday I have received from Etymotic free items that are compensating every negative aspects comming from my experience of using UPS.

Case closed, but I want to make it clear that if I hate UPS now more than ever, I have complete satisfaction from the Ety people.

It's good way to end the week.
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

Feb 12, 2005 at 4:02 PM Post #34 of 37
Very educational and scary to find this thread. Being in Canada makes buiyng from the US a bit of a shot in the dark.
frown.gif

A friend just got hit with the odious 30 dollars 'brokerage fees' for an item worth US$50, shipping included. UPS of course.
smily_headphones1.gif

It seems the US Postal Service is the way to go, and insisting on it very clearly. I learned, thanks for the tips.

Another option to consider is using the new BorderFree service. At http://www.borderfree.net .

I found eCost.com has them as an option for Canadian customers, and you get a cost delivered to your door, including all the shipping, handling, duties if any and taxes. Great way to not be surprised!

An example, I checked the pricing for a Sennheiser refub headphone, HD515. eCost price, US$52.99, converts to $68.09 Canadian. Duty, 0, shipping $5.67, handling $16.28, plus GST and PST. Final bill, all costs in Can$101.80 - not bad and guaranteed.
smily_headphones1.gif

It's possible to use their service for eBay too, see site for howto.

Feb 12, 2005 at 8:10 PM Post #35 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic
On this friday I have received from Etymotic free items that are compensating every negative aspects comming from my experience of using UPS.

Case closed, but I want to make it clear that if I hate UPS now more than ever, I have complete satisfaction from the Ety people.

It's good way to end the week.
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

And just because you picked up the phone.
cool.gif

Feb 12, 2005 at 8:57 PM Post #36 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunnyears
And just because you picked up the phone.
cool.gif

Not long ago at Etymotic Research:

Hey Bob!! you wont believe the last call I got few minutes ago. This guy was from I dont know where but at least I got his RMA correctly. He was like a French version of Sam Kinison on steroids....Wow I didnt understood half of it because he was crying so much at the other end. What a weirdo...

He was a mess, I wrote few keywords until I realized he was completely insane: «Bad UPS---Good Bunnyears---Bad UPS----Good Head-Fi---Bad UPS....»

At least I have the phone call on tape and I'm sure I have the winner for our 2005 Annual Strangest Call of the Year Award.... What a pity.... What do you think Bob?..... should we send him something?

Amicalement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back