Any idea about this new headphone ?
Sep 5, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #16 of 27
Ah, yeah. I should've said only in-production headphone I know of like that. But I heard the K340 is really hard to drive, so that's not everyday electronics per se.

Know what's odd? AKG also released an in-ear headphone called the K 340. I don't get why audio companies release completely different products with almost exactly the same name. Another example is the STAX SRM-212 electrostatic headphone amp (which I used to own) and the STAX SRM212, an upcoming electrostatic amp/DAC.

I forgot about them being power hungry, but several owners have told me that the matrix mstage amp can drive these so it will work for me. I am currently just waiting to snag a good deal on the esp950s or k340s (both of which I know I will buy eventually).

And I recall seeing a bunch of iems when looking for the k340, very strange indeed :confused:

Sep 24, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #17 of 27
Oh, there's a thread about the sharkk bravo.  cool (^-^).

I like these headphones.  As I work from home, and am mostly working on documents throughout the day, with sporadic meetings in between, I have headphones on most of each weekday.

For the last week or so, maybe a little more, the setup at home has been:  imac/jriver -> optical audio to chord mojo -> se to schiit jotunheim.

In the morning and through the early afternoon, I use the Beyer T1.  When I have energy, I like to hear all the little details, and I dunno if the T1's are consider by audiophiles to deliver good detail, but with my limited experience, it's a good amount for me.  

But that detail is a little tiring by about 3pm.  So I switch to the sharkk bravo.  Really easy to listen to, some details get hard to hear or lost as everything seems to, but not nearly as lost as a bunch of other headphones I own, still pretty darn good.  vocals are pleasant (not muted), and it's fun during some percussions to feel those pulsating bits of air pressure.  I don't listen to much rock/house/hip hop, but the few tracks I did listen to had what I can only guess is really good bass (not sure, but seems that way to me) and certainly got my foot tapping.  These are among my favorites for stuff with vocals too, well, quieter vocals anyway (e.g. Norah Jones, Patty Griffin, etc.).  A lot of jazz and classical music, which I listen to most, doesn't seem to shine as much with the Sharkk Bravo.  But conversely, it's not bad at all.  

The Sharkk Bravo is what I stick with from about 3pm'ish to whenever my wife gets home.

They do feel a tad flimsy and shaking my head a bit causes a little rattling, and my gear shopping list is so long I don't fancy re-buying these if they break, so don't really plan to take them out of the house.  

So strange that despite having the HD800, Ety-ER4S & 4P, ATH-M50x, Fostex tr80/250, and a few other really old headphones, these have turned into my second favorite after the T1.

Oh well....as a non-audiophile with not-so-good hearing, my impressions post isn't meant to be credible, but figured, what the heck, happy to see a Bravo thread (^_^), gotta add to it.  hehe

Sep 25, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #21 of 27
Great teardown in that thread. I wonder if they are related to Verisonix? little bit similar driver design it looks like, plus some weird leather flaps. http://www.essenceelectrostatic.com/product/verisonix-1502b-self-powered-hybrid-electrostatic-headphone/

For a second there I got a little bit hopeful they were using this material I remembered reading about, looks very cool. http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/ces-2016-highlight-warwick-audio-ultra-thin-electrostatic-driver-material

Sep 25, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #22 of 27
Great teardown in that thread. I wonder if they are related to Verisonix? little bit similar driver design it looks like, plus some weird leather flaps. http://www.essenceelectrostatic.com/product/verisonix-1502b-self-powered-hybrid-electrostatic-headphone/

For a second there I got a little bit hopeful they were using this material I remembered reading about, looks very cool. http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/ces-2016-highlight-warwick-audio-ultra-thin-electrostatic-driver-material

In one of the reviews, the author said it was an OEM of Verisonix and used the same hybrid driver as the n501. Given the build quality of the sharkk bravo and the seeming build quality of the n501 from photos, i'd prefer the n501, then again, the n501 is more than double the price. The n1502a/b seems to also be the same driver with a lower cost, more akin to the sharkk bravo.

Though seemingly fragile, i really enjoy the sound. More than my fostex tr80/250, bose qc, beats studio, and for some songs, more than my hd800 (gen1)....though i'm told that's only because i'm using the wrong amp, and the recordings i'm listening to are probably not.

Nov 6, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #24 of 27
Hi everyone.
I've owned this piece of crap and I've returned it to this scammer.
I have not special experience with high-end headphones, but in that moment i owned a shure srh940 and a IEM shure SE535. Comparing with the srh940 because its about same price, Shures was far better in all aspects, soundstage, details, non overwhelmed bass... no comparison.
Seriously is a scammer. 10x better????!!! no way!!!

Nov 6, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #26 of 27
Hi everyone.
I've owned this piece of crap and I've returned it to this scammer.
I have not special experience with high-end headphones, but in that moment i owned a shure srh940 and a IEM shure SE535. Comparing with the srh940 because its about same price, Shures was far better in all aspects, soundstage, details, non overwhelmed bass... no comparison.
Seriously is a scammer. 10x better????!!! no way!!!

Yeah it was especially fishy since they were just rebrands of random chinese headphones

Nov 6, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #27 of 27
Woah, a lot of hate....

It'/ true that it's false advertising, they could be constructed better, and i wish they had less bass, but i think they are pretty good. Reltively mellow with good detail, and priced well.

Tough crowd on head-fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back