Any iAudio X5 owner in SF Bay Area and Seattle?
Jan 17, 2007 at 11:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

gundam91

500+ Head-Fier
Would you be kind enough to let me to listen to your X5 for like 10-15 minutes?
biggrin.gif
From all the discussions and research, I think this is the one I want to get, but I would like to at least "audition" it before buying one....

I live in the SF Bay Area but travel to Seattle for few days every week for work. (That's the reason I'm buying one)

I would like to listen to music in .wav and/or flac format. I can probably download the music to a memory stick or something then for you to upload to your X5. Whatever works for you. Please send me a private message.

Jan 19, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #2 of 10
Oh, come on! Nobody has one? I've visited Amazon.com three times already today but managed to pull my index finger back.

I'm so torn between buying one right now and waiting until February to see what Cowon will anounce regarding the replacement......

Jan 19, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #3 of 10
I'd say wait for the replacement. And my argument is double-folded:

1. You might like the replacement more.
2. Once the new one is released, it is very likely that the X5 will become cheaper.

I know it is hard to way, but February is not that far... I used this strategy to buy a projector (Sanyo z4), and it was really worth it. There is plenty of time to enjoy it! But don't wait too much!

Regards,

Alberto

PS: on the other hand, the replacement may have some issues which cannot be discovered until some users post here about it...

Jan 19, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #4 of 10
Alberto,

Thanks.
wink.gif
Easier said then done.
icon10.gif

Cowon did not provide any concrete information on the replacement at CES. The only thing I know is that some type of announcement will be made in February. And also your last point is right on. Do I want to be a guinea pig when the new one comes out? Ha! Ha! Ha!

This is really stupid. I got powercords that cost twice as much as this thing, and I bought them at a heart beat. And here I am going crazy debating whether to buy a $300 gadget......

I think I need professional help!

Jan 19, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #5 of 10
I know it is easier said... I I went through it! And I don't have 300$ power cords...
tongue.gif

Anyway, if you can spend that kind of money "at a heart beat"... Maybe you should buy it... and then sell it here cheaper for the poor guys like me, once you discover you prefer the new one
evil_smiley.gif

Ok, I am not that poor, but I am sure there will be someone here very happy about it :)

Jan 19, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #6 of 10
Didn't mean that I have a lot of money to burn. I just meant that I was willing to buy other audio stuff that cost a lot more without thinking twice. (And eat instant noodles for few weeks to compensate for it
biggrin.gif
)

Jan 20, 2007 at 2:00 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by midnite8791 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have one but I live up in Cotati (sonoma county, right off the 101)

Thanks for the offer. A little far for me as I am in the South Bay. Maybe I can con my wife into going there on a winery tour.
wink.gif
"Oh, by the way, could we stop by over at this guy's house since we are here?"

Jan 26, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #10 of 10
The day has come. I have abandon my true calling as an audiophile and I have adapted to the MP3 generation.
biggrin.gif
Just ordered the X5 at Amazon.com since all indications points to the fact that the next gen "X7" will not likely be announced for quite some time.

"Resistance is futile, I have been assimilated!"
biggrin.gif

Kind of late, but I have just started learning all I can about ripping CDs, lossless format, compression, etc. Pretty interesting stuff.

The funny thing is, I'm not in the high tech industry, but most of my clients are, and everyone just thinks that I'm somewhat technology-savy.
redface.gif
(ever since my first job after graduation over 10 years ago, I've been the go to guy for technology issues. I even headed a group looking for technology trends)
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back