Any Hindi speakers?
Mar 31, 2008 at 9:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

perplex

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, I was just wondering if there are any (Indian) Hindi speakers on this forum?
wink.gif

Speak up if you are!

Mar 31, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #4 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to thread-crap, but a quick show of hands from those who though that "hindi speakers", referred to some indo-asian hi-fi equipment. It can't have been just me.

*Raises hand*

Mar 31, 2008 at 11:05 PM Post #5 of 26
I had to read this thread twice. *raises hand* +1 for loudspeakers manufactured in India.

Mar 31, 2008 at 11:28 PM Post #7 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by perplex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn.. being head-fi it didn't even hit me :p

Maybe a mod can change the title to "Any Hindi-language speakers?" for me.

You can do it personaly, just go to "advanced mode" and change the title to whatever you want....

I was loking for some kind of bookshelves....LOL...

Mar 31, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #8 of 26
Quote:

Sorry to thread-crap, but a quick show of hands from those who though that "hindi speakers", referred to some indo-asian hi-fi equipment. It can't have been just me.

*Raises Hand*

Quote:

Originally Posted by perplex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I was just wondering if there are any (Indian) Hindi speakers on this forum?
wink.gif

I do speak Hindi, but I'm really lousy at it. I'm much better with Marathi.

Mar 31, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #9 of 26
When I watch a Bollywood movie my speakers sound Hindi. But seriously, there are lots of Indian audiophiles in Singapore.

Jun 6, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #12 of 26
Quote:

Ditto...I was going to suggest the thread be moved to another forum.
tongue.gif

Jun 6, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #13 of 26
I am a hindi speaker, but never watch the movies. 2bh the only person i speak it to is my mum and cousins/relatives in india. i waonder how many can write and read fluently. i tried recently it took me 10 mins to read a page, and then an hour to understand what the hell it was on about.

Edit: does not raise hand, i did not even think of the music speakers when i read the thread.

Jun 6, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

raises hand*

Jun 6, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #15 of 26
born and raised in india. learnt hindi in school until 10th grade but just like gautam i cant read as well now. perhaps not as quick. i think it is just a matter of practise though. i rarely speak it now unless i am really mad at my parents or i am at the gym. its odd isnt it - observe your thoughts next time when you are in a stressful situation and you need to count, more than often you will find yourself counting in your native tongue (in case english isnt it).

ps. I CANT STAND HINDI MOVIES. I HATE THEM WITH ALL MY MIGHT. unfortunately we subscribe to 2 hindi channels so whenever i am home, all my parents and sister watch are those 2 channels and usually it is some terrible movie with no plot and horrendous overacting with humor that really isnt humorous. /end rant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back