Any high power portable amp. for Obravo Ra C Cu ?
Dec 5, 2019 at 8:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

koluludome

100+ Head-Fier
Since it said in its spec that
" Impedance 182 Ω , Sensitivity 93dB "

Seem like this one required so much power.

Thanks in advance for all the future suggestion :)

Dec 6, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #3 of 7

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #6 of 7
" Impedance 182 Ω , Sensitivity 93dB "

I've never heard the C Cu, but the Ray Samuels SR-71A has no problem driving high impedance, low sensitivity stuff, as well as planars. (HD800, Argons). It's not tiny but it's still very portable. Amps in similar power class that I haven't used personally include Plussound Cloud Nine, Headamp Pico Power, Fiio A5. Note that of those I just listed, all but the Fiio A5 run on dual nine volts.

Transportable (but too big to be considered truly portable) options: Obviously the iFi Micro BL is designed to drive any headphones and should have no problem. (I don't have one, though.) I do have a Phatlab Phantasy which is a great (but ginormous) portable tube amp and a good pairing for anything high-impedance. (Unless the IEMs are sensitive to source impedance, which sometimes happens even with IEMs that are rated as high impedance themselves.)

Dec 11, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #7 of 7
I've never heard the C Cu, but the Ray Samuels SR-71A has no problem driving high impedance, low sensitivity stuff, as well as planars. (HD800, Argons). It's not tiny but it's still very portable. Amps in similar power class that I haven't used personally include Plussound Cloud Nine, Headamp Pico Power, Fiio A5. Note that of those I just listed, all but the Fiio A5 run on dual nine volts.

Transportable (but too big to be considered truly portable) options: Obviously the iFi Micro BL is designed to drive any headphones and should have no problem. (I don't have one, though.) I do have a Phatlab Phantasy which is a great (but ginormous) portable tube amp and a good pairing for anything high-impedance. (Unless the IEMs are sensitive to source impedance, which sometimes happens even with IEMs that are rated as high impedance themselves.)

SR-71A is the most interested one. I tried Pico Power with all hope but it still can't put this giant to it best so I think the rest wont be able to drive it to the full potential.

For now, I have Govibe porta tube+ and iFi Micro DSD BL with me. Both can drive this one pretty nice in different sound signature but still it can't produce the enormous presentation when I heard it with some desktop amp which are the reason the I look for some more choice that could have more power than these two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back