Any Hi-Fi store in metro-Detroit ???????
Sep 19, 2011 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

magiester

New Head-Fier
Hello there,

I just moved into dearborn MI, weeks ago, and I'm searching for hi-fi stores. Well, I googled a lot, but there just little information reasonable. The only one that I think is good is called Almas stereo.

So, I'm wondering whether here are some audiophiles in these area, can reccomend some stores?

THX

Sep 25, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #7 of 32
I live in the area also and despite my looking I failed to find one that fit the description of any audio store.
But, I know jude has an office in Livonia that they had a meet at a few months ago and if you just want to audition things then you could pm him and see when the next meet is planned, or if one could be put into motion.

Sep 27, 2011 at 6:06 AM Post #9 of 32
Well automotive industry yes, and I guess I agree with the music industry. But instead of having nice audio shops, they instead seem to have a ton of car audio stores. Also it doesn't help that detroit isn't the wealthiest area so a lot of people probably could afford high end audio equipment.

Sep 27, 2011 at 6:16 AM Post #10 of 32
I did find one online called " audio dimensions" in royal oak off of Woodward. It seems pretty small because it said they had 1 employee but the website also said they carry brands like grado. So that might be the best bet on this side of the border. If your willing to go to Canada, they might have someplace.

Sep 27, 2011 at 6:21 AM Post #11 of 32
Audio Dimensions is a great little store.  The owner is very knowledgeable and will let you sit and demo equipment all day long.  

Gramophone is another store on Woodward (very near Audio Dimensions).  They carry a few Sennheiser headphones.

You can also try Overture Audio in Ann Arbor.

Sep 27, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #12 of 32
Do you know what sennheiser products they carry? Ive wanted to audition some hd25s around here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back