Any Help Appreciated-Buying XMAS for me and a "Special" friend. Need recommendations.
Dec 17, 2012 at 7:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

JohnnnW

Head-Fier
Hello folks, I'm brand new to the high quality sound world but it's a good one from what I've seen lurking.

I need some help though.

Me and my friend both have very similar music tastes. It starts with old school rap, 80's,90's. Stuff like BIG, Tupac, and obviously many others and then some newer stuff as well, Immortal Technique, The Game, Macklemore, etc.

We also really like drumstep, drum and bass type stuff. Some dupstep. Alot of electric music in general. If you're familiar with it liquid dupstep is a favourite as well. House music, club type stuff. EDM scene in general.

All the way to The Black Keys, Dallas Green, Adele. Crazy, I know. 

I am so lost when it comes to all these headphones. Looking for something with a little punch to enjoy electric, but tight clear vocals for the softer music like Adele and cleaner rap like Macklemore.

Sorry if this is a lot, even guiding me in the right direction is appreciated. Would be listening from a computer/iPhone. Will maybe consider an amp in the near future.

Price range for each pair is about 200 max, excluding the future amp of course.

Thanks a ton guys, I hope to be an active member in this world starting now. 

Dec 17, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #2 of 5
Maybe the xb-500 or xb-1000?

Should have a lot of bass..

Anyway, tight clean vocals and heavy bass... I guess that equals two different 'phones
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #3 of 5
Maybe the xb-500 or xb-1000?

Should have a lot of bass..

Anyway, tight clean vocals and heavy bass... I guess that equals two different 'phones :D

Sorry my mistake, I'm by no means looking for heavy bass, just a little something there to keep it fun, hah.

The clear vocals is definitely a higher priority.

Again sorry for being unclear, I'm new :frowning2:

Dec 17, 2012 at 8:07 AM Post #4 of 5
Seriously looking at the  [size=1.7em]Audio Technica ATHM50.  Amazon has them for 104 dollar and it say's they're the number 2 on this site reviews wise or whatever. Reviews say surprising lows with clear mids. They're looking pretty great, and only spending 200 for both would be pretty awesome.[/size]

[size=1.7em]Any refutes to these? Not good in your opinion or anything? Maybe ones I should consider instead?[/size]

Dec 17, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Seriously looking at the  [size=1.7em]Audio Technica ATHM50.  Amazon has them for 104 dollar and it say's they're the number 2 on this site reviews wise or whatever. Reviews say surprising lows with clear mids. They're looking pretty great, and only spending 200 for both would be pretty awesome.[/size]

[size=1.7em]Any refutes to these? Not good in your opinion or anything? Maybe ones I should consider instead?[/size]

According to many, it is a good place to start as novice head-fier. But many claim, that it isn't good value for the price too.

Maybe if you don't know for sure whether you are all that into head-fi it would be a good place to start. Also you wont really need an amp for them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back