any headphone store around Los Angeles?
Nov 10, 2005 at 4:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

diablo9

500+ Head-Fier
anyone lives around Los Angeles, or any where near SoCal? Do you guys know is there any B&M headphone store here? I really wanna have such a place to walk in and listen, compare...
cool.gif

Nov 10, 2005 at 7:14 AM Post #2 of 11
I'm in SoCal too but haven't really found a great audio store. The only thing I can suggest is "The Good Guys," which is connected to my local Tower Records store.

Nov 10, 2005 at 7:25 AM Post #3 of 11
Dunno any. Hi-Fi Heaven in Whittier comes close but they only sell martin logan/mcintosh speakers and stuff like that. No headphones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmunky
I'm in SoCal too but haven't really found a great audio store. The only thing I can suggest is "The Good Guys," which is connected to my local Tower Records store.

I thought those all closed down already? Which one are you talking about?

Nov 10, 2005 at 7:28 AM Post #4 of 11
It's been a few months since I've visited it but I just read about the demise of The Good Guys just now. When I went to CompUSA a few days ago, there was a sign that saying that the Good Guys are coming. So maybe in the future, you'll see em at CompUSA.

Nov 10, 2005 at 9:18 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
What do you want to hear? We may be able to get a meet going in the near future...

Everything.
wink.gif

I have heard of HD600,650,DT880, 701 is coming, but in the japanese lines, I only heard SA3000, so I hope I can hear SA5000, R10, AD2000, L3000.

Nov 10, 2005 at 5:54 PM Post #8 of 11
Shelly's Audio in Woodland Hills has most of the Grado line to audition, and also has Sennheisers. Coast Audio, in Hollywood, has some headphones to audition. Beyers, AKG, Sony, etc.

- augustwest

Nov 10, 2005 at 6:29 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
What do you want to hear? We may be able to get a meet going in the near future...

We really do need to set another one up soon. It's the next best thing to taking gear home and auditioning it.

Nov 10, 2005 at 6:55 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by augustwest
Shelly's Audio in Woodland Hills has most of the Grado line to audition, and also has Sennheisers.

I second this recommendation. I found them to be very nice to deal with, and had a pretty good selection of headphones, as good as I've seen at a retailer anyway.

Nov 10, 2005 at 7:02 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by augustwest
Shelly's Audio in Woodland Hills has most of the Grado line to audition, and also has Sennheisers.

I live maybe 5 minutes away from there and I've never stopped by. There goes my next 3 or 4 pay checks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back