Any Head-Fiers going to Quakecon?
Apr 29, 2005 at 1:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

saturnine

Headphoneus Supremus
Like the title says, are any of you going to Quakecon05? It would be pretty cool to have a meet there, as everyone who is there will be using headphones
evil_smiley.gif
I'm planning on bringing some of my gear to show off, and might have a hotel room available if my roommate doesent mind.. Any interest?

Apr 30, 2005 at 9:00 PM Post #3 of 12
I went last year, and I'm making every effort to go this year. I plan to pring a pair or two plus my amp, but I don't know how much time I'll be spending with my gear in the BYOC given that I'll probably be busy hanging out and getting drunk with some other friends.
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2005 at 4:22 PM Post #4 of 12
I'll probably be there as well. I missed the last few years but went in 2002, 2000 and 1998. I think I only like to go on even years so this will break with tradition.

I'll probably have the Supermacro, the Senn's and Grado's with me.

May 11, 2005 at 4:47 AM Post #5 of 12
I'll be there. I'll have my Senn HD650's, but I'm undecided about whether I want to haul along my WooAudio 3.

It's a hassle just getting through the airport carrying my PC; I can't really imagine adding my Woo3 into the mix.

Although going through airport security would be entertaining. I already get stopped and questioned every year, as my PC is water cooled and has a plexiglass side panel. Those water filled cooling tubes raise quite a few eyebrows. Security (and the other passengers) look at me like I'm the direct decendant of Osama Bin Laden or something. "No, it's just a fancy looking computer. Really. I promise." Now they'd also glance over at the Woo3 in my other arm - "ok, but what the hell is THAT thing?!?" "Oh, those are vacuum tubes. They're not dangerous. Really." LOL - oh my.

-Brad

May 11, 2005 at 5:47 PM Post #6 of 12
Laptops and compact solid-state amps have their benefits.
biggrin.gif

I just get odd looks when I pull 3 or 4 large pairs of headphones out of my backpack.

Aug 11, 2005 at 10:01 PM Post #9 of 12
I couldnt. Mom had major surgery a few days ago
mad.gif

Aug 13, 2005 at 3:21 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
I couldnt. Mom had major surgery a few days ago
mad.gif

Sorry to hear that. I hope she is doing better.

Jan 24, 2006 at 5:24 PM Post #11 of 12
Jan 24, 2006 at 5:30 PM Post #12 of 12
Very impressive! Nice check too
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Sorry to hear that. I hope she is doing better.

Actually, she is worse now. The surgery went well, but the recovery was hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back