Any Head-fiers at SJSU?
Sep 25, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #16 of 31
Just want to keep this thread going. I'm still working on trying to secure a facility for this meet, I know we'll need somewhere with tables, power outlets, chairs would be nice too. Let's set a tentative date for the second week of October, just for planning purposes. I guess the main limiting factor will be the lack of parking (especially free parking), but that's downtown San Jose for you 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 25, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #18 of 31
Yeah, I live around the Bay Area just north of SJ. Interested in possibly attending too. Just out of college, lots of free time at the moment lol

Sep 25, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #19 of 31
I'm willing to throw down for pizza too, can't have one of these things without food! Tis a shame we can't do beer, thats one of my other hobbies...

So we don't need to haul that much of our stuff around, I think a couple people just need to bring a source and a decent amp and we can all just rotate from there since we have a small roster? Last time I went to a "meet" it was a mess, power strips, cords everywhere, stacks and stacks of portable dacs, amps, and portable audio players haha...

Oh and of course I'll look into bringing some cables for you guys :)

I think I'm just gonna bring a USB stick with some reference tracks for use with someone's laptop lol..

Sep 26, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #20 of 31
Dang, looks like I'll have to bow out of this meet if it's happening sometime in October since all of my weekends are pretty much booked.

Oct 8-9 - Cymbals Eat Guitars at BotH and Girls at GAMH
Oct 15-16 - Treasure Island Music Fest
Oct 21-23 - Portishead at the Greek and Bridge School Benefit at Shoreline
Oct 29-30 - I'll be in LA for Halloween weekend. 

If this gets pushed back to November for some reason, let me know! If not, maybe a few of us further north can plan a small meet in Nov. I can likely host at my apt. in Daly City depending on the size. 

Sep 26, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #21 of 31

Quote:

If this gets pushed back to November for some reason, let me know! If not, maybe a few of us further north can plan a small meet in Nov. I can likely host at my apt. in Daly City depending on the size. 

I smell a frat party coming up...

IM KIDDING!

Sep 26, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #22 of 31
HAHA! 

I vote to adding "kegstand performance" into the standard battery of headphone tests. What good is a headphone if it doesn't perform well in all situations that may include imbibing alcohol while upside down? 

Sep 30, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #23 of 31
my friend is at sjsu and i just txt him about this. you will get to hear his super nice rig which is almost identical to mine.

Sep 30, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #26 of 31

Quote:
I don't have any headphones yet
but I do plan to buy some in the near future

Is it cool if I join and audition the cans?

Yeah I actually did the same thing and thats how I found out I liked Grados

Sep 30, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #27 of 31
By the way, on Wednesday I was walking through the quad and did a double-take when I saw a guy on a bench with TF10s, was that one of you guys? 
etysmile.gif
 (It was over by Joe West)

Oct 1, 2011 at 5:19 AM Post #28 of 31
Was he asian because if it was, thats me dude

Oct 5, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #30 of 31
Still working on getting a facility. Housing staff is not familiar with the reservation procedure for meeting rooms 
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back