Any head-fier from Philippines
Jan 29, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #76 of 147
Hi. I'm Filipino, but I was born & raised in the US. Not great at speaking (or reading or writing) Tagalog, but I could always understand - especially when mom & dad were yelling at me!

I have a question: are there any good audiophile stores in the Philippines (Manila specifically)? I'll be there at the end of next week, so I thought I might have the opportunity to check out some gear while I'm there - stuff that might not be released in the US or stuff that could be found at a really good price.

Any pointers?

Thanks in advance.

Jan 29, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #77 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by westrella /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi. I'm Filipino, but I was born & raised in the US. Not great at speaking (or reading or writing) Tagalog, but I could always understand - especially when mom & dad were yelling at me!

I have a question: are there any good audiophile stores in the Philippines (Manila specifically)? I'll be there at the end of next week, so I thought I might have the opportunity to check out some gear while I'm there - stuff that might not be released in the US or stuff that could be found at a really good price.

Any pointers?

Thanks in advance.

check out wiredstate.com its a local audiophile community and they know a lot of high end audio dealers in Phils. heres a direct link to one of the sub forum(audio distributors marketplace)
WiredState Audio Community • Login
enjoy your trip back home. I missed PI so much
frown.gif
oh and welcome to Headfi

Jan 30, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #78 of 147
Cool. Thanks for the link!

I'm eager to go, but I'm not looking forward to the flight.....

Jan 30, 2009 at 8:47 AM Post #79 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by knights /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sa mga naghahanap ng de kalidad at branded na gears, payo ko bumili kau sa net... patulong kayo sa mga kaibigan nyo na may credit card o di kayay mag-apply sa paypal... Sennheiser lang at AKG and meron marami dito sa Davao, may makunan din ako ng Shure headphone pero order basis lahat... Lahat ng rig at previously owned gears ko ay galing sa net... sa mga naghahanap ng headphone amp, bumili kayo direct sa ibasso site, tried and tested ko na yan.. mbilis shipping nila, 5days ang boa ko @ inabot ng almost 2weeks and heron kasi holiday yun...

Thanks bro
beerchug.gif

I have a question, when you received the items did you have extra expenses like tax or custom fee? and how much?

Sensya na kung dami tanong, taga-gubat kasi
redface.gif

Jan 30, 2009 at 1:14 PM Post #80 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by fungus amongus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pogi noh? haha
biggrin.gif

Taga-san ka sir noahlapuz?

QC papi pero dito ko sa US ngayon.
smile_phones.gif

Hello fellow pinoys! Happy headphoning! Godbless everyone!

Jan 30, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #81 of 147
you can also check headphone.com, yung mga grado nga lang e e almost double the pricve if galing US

Feb 3, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #83 of 147
musta mga noypi?!

Mar 3, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #85 of 147
I'm Pinoy as well. Ilokano though I could understand a bit of Tagalog. Can't write ****, however.

Mar 8, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #88 of 147
I don't really understand why the Philippines has its own roll call thread.
Is it 'cause we're so damn awesome?
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2009 at 6:08 AM Post #90 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirsier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not filipino... but my SO is filipina, does that count?
biggrin.gif

My x-boss is an Irish-American and her wife is a Flipina too. Am I making any sense at all?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back