Any head-festers into DIY woodworking?
Apr 22, 2007 at 4:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kramer5150

Headphoneus Supremus
My favorite timber supply shop is 15 minutes down the street from the Radisson.. southern lumber.

Shoot me a PM or reply here tonight or tomorrow morning. We can head on over, and maybe grab lunch too. They have all kinds of rosewoods, figured/flamed maples, zebrawod, mahogany stock from all over the world, purpleheart, bloodwood, walnut, ebony ($$$), of course oak and pine are in abundance.

Cool thing is they sell the end-cut scrap pieces too, perfect size pieces for headphone mods, and easily stowed in your carry-on luggage.

Garrett

Apr 22, 2007 at 4:13 AM Post #2 of 6
I have a very complete workshop (wood and metal) and would be interested in learning more about mods, particularly around the Grado series. Let me know if you are interested in chatting about it some time.

regards,

jim
San Carlos

Apr 22, 2007 at 6:19 AM Post #3 of 6
Talk to FrankCooter, his woodworking was absolutely stunning, he was there today and should still be there tomorrow iirc.

His diy tube amp is one of the most gorgeous pieces of equipment I saw at the meet, and it sounded great to boot.

Apr 25, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #4 of 6
Did you see IMG_6686 & IMG_6686 of the lisa III ? although the other side (reversale) shows the curly grain there is no pic. I'll to get pics out soon.
I had several comments that I should bring out a WOODY PRODUCTION unit .
It took me 8-12 hours (wasn't counting) & this would add $200 to the price.
sorry about your wallet.. Of cource the design is Unadulterater Genuine
Phillip P Larocco. and several people have told me it sounds cleaner,
better soundstage & IMAGING. Than Any Homeamp at the meet PERIOD.
And its (trans)portabe.
So I haveseasoned wood in stock: Tigerwood, myrtlewood, oak, mahogony, curly fir, yew, madrone, white cedar. to name a few.
So WHAT DO YOU WANT? I CAN MAKE IT. Or have a cabinet shop do them if I dont have time. depending on demand. I could ask Phil to personaly sign custom boxes. No moneys will change hands untill delivery.
I will take it back if you dont like it. I need some feedback Production models fit in 2 sizes hamond depeding on battery pack or 2 9 volt.

Jun 23, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #5 of 6
In my travels on the Oregon Coast I ran across a family run buissness that has collected "drift wood" logs fpr 50 years! The emersion in ocean water
gives them resistant qualities and the decades of seasoning assures all warping, cracking, etc. have ceased. these trees were hundreds of years old
and include bueatifull Myrtle, Redwood, Maple, White Cedar, and more..
TRIAD AUDIO has made arrangements to produce custom cases for our products from these materials!! WOWWEEE
k1000smile.gif

Jun 24, 2007 at 12:24 PM Post #6 of 6
Wow...Too bad I dont live anywhere near you...I wish there were pictures...take some pictures of this place...im curious...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back