Any good tracks to use to test for sibilance?
Aug 4, 2019 at 10:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

baskingshark

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi as above, any good suggestions for tracks to detect sibilance?

TIA

Aug 4, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #3 of 6
Holy cow, who can listen to that crap?! Ridiculously piercing that you combine that with HD800 or any Beyers, it will stab your ears!

I don't know about GOOD tracks for sibilance I dislike sibilence with a passion, but here's one I just ran into with high amount, unless you are using a headphone suppressing it. Diana Krall recordings have strong sibilence. She has a nice voice although Cantanese doesn't sound melodic, like German, etc... lol I think Asian music industry overemphasizes vocals to shoot the sibilence up, but this goes on anywhere for pop vocals. They need to learn to master them to de-emphasize sibilence.

Here's another that can get piercing. Maybe not good examples as you may think every headphone sound piercing. lol As you can tell, my concern is with vocal sibilence.

It can also be due to the vocal type of the vocalist or language. Some vocalists have naturally smooth voice. I think Japanese language might be less sibilence prone. Sounds like a pretty delicate language.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #4 of 6
Holy cow, who can listen to that crap?
i edited this track, removed the singing and added low pitch filter (about 10% slower)
in instrumental form with low pitch filter that is one of the most if not the most brutal tracks i have ever listened to, and i love brutal music but that thing is coming from a very dark place and from a sick but beautiful at the same time mind

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #5 of 6
Wolves - Selena Gomez

Aug 5, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #6 of 6

This is my usual go to, bass rumble in the beginning, sharp peaky vocals right after

Users who are viewing this thread

Back