Any good sub-200$ DAPs?
Dec 28, 2006 at 1:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sonicm

100+ Head-Fier
I was wondering if anyone knew of any sub-200$(150-170ish) DAPs that had decent sound quality, were reliable, and 15+ gb of memory, and didn't have totally crappy battery life.
I've been leaning towards one of the Zen's(maybe a ZV:M?), seeing as I had a Zen Micro which had been reliable and lasted me quite a while(longer than its battery lasted) until it recently got lost. I also had been leaning towards it because I keeping hearing bad things about other mp3 players, Rio Karmas break easily and have no support, iAudio X5L's break easily break too and cant browse via ID3 tags, iPods don't have any advanced features and sound quality kinda sucks.
So, I need a push in the right direction, I don't have anything against getting gently used items, so that should open up a few choices.

Dec 28, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #2 of 6
Refurb iPod 5G 30gb? I think those run $189.99 IIRC. I'm lucky because we have a Costco Wholesale Business Center in Phoenix that sells refurb iPods. I bought my stepmom a 2gb Nano for $89.99

Dec 28, 2006 at 3:42 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr. John /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can get a Rio Karma with brand new hard drive and custom refurb for $150 plus shipping. I'm considering it based on it's mW alone.

only ebay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back