Any good earphones/canalphones for under $100 with an extra strong cable/wire/very durable?
Nov 26, 2010 at 3:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

shieldst

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm looking for a pair of earphones that won't break on me. I currently use the Panasonic RP HJE 900-K ones and the cheaper Panasonics like the HJE 270s. I do love this style of earphone with the silicon-type earpiece that fits comfortably, and I've tried Sony and JVC equivalents. The Sonys were much too quiet, and the JVCs fell apart. The Panasonics have been fine other than that one earphone stops working, possibly due to abuse, tugging, etc.

So I'm looking for similar ones that are firstly better value for money, and secondly that won't break from daily use.

Any ideas?

Nov 26, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #4 of 11
Etymotic MC5 & Brainwavz ProAlpha are two that come to mind. The HJE900 cable isn't particularly great but its strength lies in the fact that it's removable.

Nov 26, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #5 of 11
the brainwavz m2's have one of the better cables i have seen in the $100 and below range

Nov 26, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
Etymotic MC5 & Brainwavz ProAlpha are two that come to mind. The HJE900 cable isn't particularly great but its strength lies in the fact that it's removable.

1+ And to Marcus the warranty is cool, they handle afterward, with speed and patience. The definition of good customer service.

Nov 8, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #7 of 11
I picked up a pair of ProAlpha on the strength of this thread.  After a week, the cables are still attached but the left earpiece has come apart and is only being held together by the internal wires.

Just FYI to anyone else that google brings here.

Nov 12, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #9 of 11
Brainwavz says their M2 headphones are better than their earlier alpha series, with "higher quality" cabling that they call "sturdy."  They also have a 1 year warranty on these, they'll replace them if they break of their own accord.  (So they say on their Amazon description here.)

Thanks for all the input on this topic folks, I just came to this thread via Google, and I'm excited to give the M2's a try.  I've gone through at least 5 pairs of other brands this year.  Need something sturdier!  Crossing my fingers for the M2s.  

Nov 12, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #10 of 11
The JVC 500 has better quality cable than most in it's price and overall built quality is very sturdy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back