Any good anime soundtracks?
Jul 9, 2006 at 4:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

themanster

Head-Fier
So far I know that the cowboy bebop and mononoke hime OSTs are quite good, and I plan to buy them once I get enough money.
biggrin.gif
Would you guys recommend any other good soundtracks that you've had a listen to, and that I should look out for?

Jul 9, 2006 at 5:52 AM Post #4 of 27
Noir
.hack//SIGN

Maybe Mai-HiME? I'm almost on the verge of going and watching this anime based solely on the fact that Yuki Kajiura does the music.

Jul 9, 2006 at 6:13 AM Post #5 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by K2Grey
Noir
.hack//SIGN

Maybe Mai-HiME? I'm almost on the verge of going and watching this anime based solely on the fact that Yuki Kajiura does the music.

Oh jeez, you just reminded me I still haven't picked up the Noir soundtracks.

Jul 9, 2006 at 7:15 AM Post #6 of 27
The "Ghost In The Shell" soundtrack has been a fully sonically engaging listening experience for me for some time now.

Jul 9, 2006 at 7:42 AM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack
The "Ghost In The Shell" soundtrack has been a fully sonically engaging listening experience for me for some time now.

Seconded. I just got through that series and I need to buy those cds. Amazing stuff.

Jul 9, 2006 at 9:31 AM Post #10 of 27
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex soundtracks highly seconded. Yoko Kannos work just like also great Cowboy Bebop soundtracks.

Jul 9, 2006 at 11:13 AM Post #13 of 27
Anime soundtrack (OST as a whole) rankings for me is as follows..(in this order)

Ghost in the Shell OST 1 / 2 / 3.
Blood+
.//Hack SIGN
Last Exile OST
Symphony Seed (not really an OST but close enough)

Anime opening / endings..(in order of preference..)

Disillusion - from Fate / Stay night
Both OP from ghost in the shell
Hemisphere - from Rahxephon
Shangri-La - from Fafner
Being - from Shakugan no Shana (i think.. KOTOKO does this)
Cloud Age Symphony - from Last Exile
Second Flight - from (i forgot) - KOTOKO

Other stuffs

Fate/Stay night OST

Jul 10, 2006 at 5:54 AM Post #14 of 27
Sousei no Aquarion

Jul 10, 2006 at 11:37 AM Post #15 of 27
Mmm.. might pick some of these up. Are they mastered really well? Shine on good systems?
biggrin.gif

I have some GITS music in flac... but I wonder what the original source is (hopefully not just some idiot converting 128kbps mp3 to flac cos it seems cool).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back