Any Good Android Phone as Source?
Dec 9, 2011 at 9:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

gian84

New Head-Fier
Hi all!

I would like to upgrade my current android phone. I am using LG Optimus One and listen with either t-Jays Three, MEElec CC51, and soon Vsonic GR07. I am using Mixzing/Winamp Pro as music player. I was going to buy a Cowon J3 as a dedicated music player but decided against it as I would like to carry as less gadget with me as possible.
Aside from Galaxy S with Voodoo, is there any new android phone out there that can be used as a very good sound source?
Is the new Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman any good? or the Galaxy SII / W? HTC Sensation? LG Optimus X2?
I usually listen to my music with no/flat eq and sometimes boost the 31-62 Hz in the eq a bit to give the desired bass.
Any suggestion would be helpful.
Thanks!!!

Dec 10, 2011 at 5:19 AM Post #3 of 10
Have a look through my post history for my opinion on the Sensation XE.
I really like it with "playerpro and my IE7's

Dec 11, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #4 of 10
I would like to get the Sensation, not the XE since I already have a good earphone. Are their SQ the same? Which is better, Also, is the "death grip" issue with the Wifi on this that bad?

Dec 12, 2011 at 6:21 AM Post #6 of 10
Take a look at swedroid.se or en.goldenears.net for some RMAA's. Generally speaking only iPhones have splendid headphone outs. The rest vary from acceptable to awful.

From an audiophile point of view there are not too much choices. Unfortunately.

Dec 12, 2011 at 6:50 AM Post #7 of 10
Well I had the chance to A/B the iPod Touch and Optimus One using my t-Jays Three. I used a 320kbps mp3, She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5. With the eq on my Winamp Pro, 31HZ up 6db, It had almost the same SQ as the ipod touch flat. I don't know if my iem isn't sensitive enough or I just wasn't concentrating hard enough, but I couldn't notice any significant difference in SQ.

I would like to get a J3 but I really don't want to carry another gadget around in my pocket. Any suggestion on a android phone with very good SQ, not necessarily in the audiophile level, but near it will be good.

I was going to get the Sensation as it had a good review on its SQ on gsmarena, but what's stopping me is the deathgrip issue :frowning2:

Dec 12, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #8 of 10
Definately don't get the S2.

If you can, grab a Galaxy Nexus, definately better sounding than the S2.

Dec 13, 2011 at 4:21 AM Post #9 of 10
Never had any Death grip Issues.
Also, like old fashioned amps, the technical specs on an output don't really tell the story you get at your ears.
The Sound from the XE with Player Pro is IMHO outstanding tbh. Far better than the 3gs and I4 i have judged against. ( I own both)

YMMV

Quote:
I would like to get the Sensation, not the XE since I already have a good earphone. Are their SQ the same? Which is better, Also, is the "death grip" issue with the Wifi on this that bad?

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #10 of 10
I think HTC Sensation (Not the rapper iteration dubbed as XE) is a solid performer sound wise. Check focus.de with your translator of choice. The reviewer there has matched my impressions of every smartphone i've ever tried with my Westone UM3x. And his subjective impressions tend to match objective measurements of the reviewed piece of gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back