wink.gif

-Ed

May 1, 2006 at 8:05 AM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Calling JMT......
wink.gif

-Ed

hmmm, jon's a golfer? gotta get in a round w/him sometime...

May 1, 2006 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 16
Not Sacramento, but the Bay area. Rain has finally left us, so definitely time to hit the links. I joined Los Altos Golf & Country Club last year and plan to make good use of my membership.

May 1, 2006 at 5:48 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack
Not Sacramento, but the Bay area. Rain has finally left us, so definitely time to hit the links. I joined Los Altos Golf & Country Club last year and plan to make good use of my membership.

need a playing partner
wink.gif

May 1, 2006 at 5:51 PM Post #7 of 16
my uncle lives out there so i visit frequently. Last time I was out I played Cotta Vedera(sp?), Darkhorse, Championship Course at Tahoe, and a few others I can't recall. Had one of the best rounds of my life at Darkhorse. I love that course, but Cotta Vedera is probably the best one of them all. Just magnificent

May 1, 2006 at 6:58 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScubaSteve87
my uncle lives out there so i visit frequently. Last time I was out I played Cotta Vedera(sp?), Darkhorse, Championship Course at Tahoe, and a few others I can't recall. Had one of the best rounds of my life at Darkhorse. I love that course, but Cotta Vedera is probably the best one of them all. Just magnificent

yeah, CV is a good course...haven't played there since the ownership change...used to be called 12 Bridges and hosted an LPGA event. darkhorse is my favorite course in the area, but i do most of my playing at wildhorse in davis. probably the best bargain in the sacto area and a tough course if you're not on your game. let me know if you're out here again and we'll play wildhorse...

May 1, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino
need a playing partner
wink.gif

If you are interested in playing the course with a mediocre palyer, I'd be glad to take you out some day. My game isn't so great, but I can get in the high 70s on a very good day. I usually shoot low to mid 80s.

May 1, 2006 at 7:50 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack
If you are interested in playing the course with a mediocre palyer, I'd be glad to take you out some day. My game isn't so great, but I can get in the high 70s on a very good day. I usually shoot low to mid 80s.

then we're about the same! i'm a 12 right now, though i fluctuate b/n 9-15 depending on how much i'm playing...and being able to shoot in the high 70s isn't "mediocre," IMO...maybe to scratch golfers it is, but not to me...

i'll definitely take you up on your offer one of these days...we can start a head-fi hackers club...

May 1, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #11 of 16
The selection of good golf here in the Sacramento area has quintupled in the last 10 years. With that came an increase in green fees though, here are some of my favorites tracks:

- Teal Bend
- Rio La Paz (Nicolas)
- Turkey Creek
- Sun City (Lincoln Hills, Roseville)
- The Ridge (Auburn)
- Apple Mountain (Camino)
- Dry Creek (old, but a great course)
- The Reserve (Stockton)
- Woodcreek (Roseville)
- Ancil Hoffman
- Granite Bay Country Club
- Morgan Creek
- Sunset Whitney (Rocklin)
- Whitney Oaks (Rocklin)

I am not a big fan of 12 Bridges (Catta Vadera), Wildhorse, or Wildhawk. I belong to the Roseville Men's Club but haven't played too many tournaments this year.

May 1, 2006 at 10:39 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT
The selection of good golf here in the Sacramento area has quintupled in the last 10 years. With that came an increase in green fees though, here are some of my favorites tracks:

- Teal Bend
- Rio La Paz (Nicolas)
- Turkey Creek
- Sun City (Lincoln Hills, Roseville)
- The Ridge (Auburn)
- Apple Mountain (Camino)
- Dry Creek (old, but a great course)
- The Reserve (Stockton)
- Woodcreek (Roseville)
- Ancil Hoffman
- Granite Bay Country Club
- Morgan Creek
- Sunset Whitney (Rocklin)
- Whitney Oaks (Rocklin)

I am not a big fan of 12 Bridges (Catta Vadera), Wildhorse, or Wildhawk. I belong to the Roseville Men's Club but haven't played too many tournaments this year.

hey jon,

i haven't played most courses on your list, but i love dry creek and camino and find sun city so-so (most of these del webb housing courses are very similar). i hate teal bend...it's way overpriced for the course you get. i'd like to try out turkey creek sometime and have not tried out any of the rocklin courses...

i think wildhorse is fantastic for the price ($31 weekday) and is way better maintained than sac courses...but, that's IMHO...

what do you think of darkhorse?

May 2, 2006 at 4:55 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT
I have not had the pleasure of playing Darkhorse yet.

Its fantastic, you must check it out. Oh I also remeber I have played Whitney Oaks several times. Its a pretty nice course too, but it just beats you up.

May 2, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #15 of 16
I golf 4-6 days a week, but I'm in the bay area. I'm a decent golfer. I'm currently at a 4 handicap but I hope I can get to scratch by the end of the year. My home course is Boundary Oak in Walnut Creek. anyone play at boundary or have played at boundary?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back