Any fans of Marillion, IQ or Jadis here??
Apr 11, 2002 at 6:59 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi HCV

Yep Love IQ think Jadis are ok (when they're good they are GOOD but lately) and Marillion are quite good as well (prefer steve hogarth era though!!)

If your sticking around a couple of other people to look out for on these boards are Demetrio and Braver amongst others, we are the most well known "proggers"!!

Nice to know some people like the more obscure stuff, if only they could get more radio play (old argument but..)

Cheers...
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 11, 2002 at 8:07 PM Post #3 of 5
hello HCV. yup, there's Marillion and IQ fans around heres
smily_headphones1.gif
I must admit I haven't dug into Jadis yet, but I'm buying all the CDs I can! I'm a big Marillion fan, specially now I've been getting some more H-era stuff, I think thats some of the best prog around (Seasons End and Brave in particular!). IQ is really cool too, but I only have Subterranea (masterpiece! kinda long tho!) and Seventh House (rocks!).

BTW, I read they delayed Arena - Contagion till september! that's sooo far away! dang
frown.gif
.. ah well, anticipation is half the fun ey!

Apr 12, 2002 at 12:34 AM Post #4 of 5
Hi, another huge progger here. And yes, Marillion, IQ and Jadis are among my favorite bands too. If you are interested, some other excellent bands in the same vein are Pallas, Pendragon, Timothy Pure, Collage, Enchant, Like Wendy, Abraxas... and the already mentioned Arena too, of course.

Not in the same vein, but leaning more towards the typical Floyd sound instead, I would highly recommend the band Porcupine Tree, if you don't know this great group yet. Think Floyd meets Radiohead meets Tangerine Dream. This is my current favorite band, can hardly wait for some new release from theirs to come out.

Let's keep proggin'
wink.gif

Apr 13, 2002 at 6:53 AM Post #5 of 5
Marillion, aye, not as familiar with the others...other than what Demetrio "played" for me (a track here and there)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back