Any fans of Keiji Haino?
Aug 9, 2007 at 6:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

J-Pak

Headphoneus Supremus
Keiji Haino (AMG)- probably my latest musical obsession. Any other fans out there? If so what are your favorite albums? I've mostly been listening to his live albums. Search turned up a disappointing low number of threads.

Michio Kurihara, though much less experimental, has also been a recent favorite these last few months. I recommend White Heaven's Out to fans of psych music.

Aug 9, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #3 of 9
Oh yes Ghost great stuff. In Stormy Nights has been getting a lot of playtime.

And of course I'm a big fan of Boris/Michio Kurihara - Rainbow
k1000smile.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Keiji Haino (AMG)- probably my latest musical obsession. Any other fans out there? If so what are your favorite albums? I've mostly been listening to his live albums. Search turned up a disappointing low number of threads.

Michio Kurihara, though much less experimental, has also been a recent favorite these last few months. I recommend White Heaven's Out to fans of psych music.

thanks for sharing J-Pak. I'll be sure to check it out.

Aug 18, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #7 of 9
Considering that I discovered Keiji Haino around ten years ago, I've not heard a great amount of his stuff, even though he's been a big influence on my musical tastes. For me his best stuff, that I've heard, is with Fu-shi-tsu-sha, "A Death Never To Be Complete", the first album I bought, and the other Tokuma discs are worth seeking out, but they are oop i think.
"Pathetique" is great, especially the last track, also i can recommend "I Saw It! That Which Before I Could Only Sense...". The double live album (PSF 15 - 16) is good but a bit of a mixed bag and I've never really cared for "Allegorical Misunderstanding".

Of his solo stuff, the double album "Abandon all words at a stroke so that prayer can come spilling out" on Alien8 is probably my favourite solo release, also check out "C'est parfait" endoctrine tu tombes le tete" a really intense live recording.

Hope this is some help, I need to hear a bit more of his stuff myself, I think.

Sep 30, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #9 of 9
I had one of those live Fu-shi-tsusha things on a cassette years ago, around the time I saw the band. It was LOUD! I don't think I ever saw so many fans of a group happily reach for ear protection.
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back