Any external amp that supports microphone for Android?
Oct 6, 2013 at 11:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

CF-105

New Head-Fier
Hi Folks.

Such a great forum you have here. 

Newbie here, getting into the headphone world. I've been using my iphones for almost 7 years now, but I recently got a Google Nexus 4, and couldn't believe how much better the sound was. I had never even seriously considered listening to music through my iphone, but with the Nexus, I found myself not only listening, but really enjoying what I heard.

HOWEVER, the one weakness is that the volume through the headset (I've tried 2) is too low through my somewhat noisy car at highway speeds. Never had even close to an issue with my iPhones, but this guy is much quieter. 

So, as I use this as a phone, what I am wondering is there an external amp that can handle the input from my mike also? It's only really an issue in my car, so size or needing 12 volts is not an issue. I've hunted around some, but have not seen anything yet. 

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Oct 6, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 3
Get a Fiio E11 portable headphone amplifier, $63.
There might be an add-on mic, that comes with an adapter, for use with the Nexus 4's headphone jack.

Or If you rooted your Nexus 4 and install a third party firmware, you might be able to boost the volume of whatever that is in the Nexus 4 that drives the headphones.

You might want to find a website with a Nexus 4 forum, and ask there.

Oct 7, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the info!

Did some more research of Fiio, and it looks like the E02i is the only product that does what I want out of the box. That's pretty surprising. I figured I wouldn't be the only guy with a phone, that wants to listen to music, AND answer calls when needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back