Any experience with Neweeg?
Nov 30, 2009 at 11:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

metabaron

500+ Head-Fier
Does anyone have any experience dealing with newegg? I just sold a bunch of my earphone to fund for my shure 530, and saw that newegg is selling them for $288. I know you can find them cheaper in both Amazon and eBay, But I don't trust eBay when it comes withcounterfeit control and with Amazon i would be dealing with a bunch of third party sellers, so newegg seems the best compromise out of the three.

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #5 of 33
They're pretty fast with computer parts, but were slower with the JVC headphones I bought. It took about a week, but that's still not bad. Not sure if all headphones ship that slow, but they're still a great place to buy stuff.

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #6 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by bba1973 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're pretty fast with computer parts, but were slower with the JVC headphones I bought. It took about a week, but that's still not bad. Not sure if all headphones ship that slow, but they're still a great place to buy stuff.

Probably shipped from their Tennessee warehouse. I get everything within 3 days of ordering and about 5-7 days when it ships from Tennessee. Edit: Or it could have been an item that they ship 3-5 day through DHL which they often use for small items like RAM, cables, IEMs, etc.

Newegg is so amazing it's like having a Little Dot that's based out of City of Industry, CA instead of China ⇒ great service and fast shipping.

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #8 of 33
Newegg is pretty much one of the best places to buy on the internet.

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #9 of 33
Newegg is godd place to shop if you don't live in the place that they charge tax (eg CA, NJ)

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #10 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthecheese /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Newegg is pretty much one of the best places to buy on the internet.

Yep, they will always meet you halfway. I've had a lot of very positive run-ins with their customer service team. The reps are extremely helpful and have quite a lot of discretion compared to other companies'.

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #11 of 33
I've been shopping with them for several years for most of my computer parts and have had 100% good service and delivery. Small items use DHL Mail as the Free Shipping, which can take a week or so.

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #12 of 33
Newegg isn't an authorized Shure reseller.

I bought the SE530 from Newegg and decided to make sure that they would be covered by Shure in case of any cable problems, and was told by Shure in an email, that they would not honor the warranty since Newegg was not an authorized reseller.

However:
confused.gif

I was told on the phone by Shure customer service that Shure would replace the SE530's as long as I had the reciept.
But, since I recieved an email stating otherwise, I decided to call Newegg and asked them what they could do.

I'm waiting on Newegg to let me know what it plans on doing about the warranty. As I'm still within the 30 day return window.
popcorn.gif

Dec 1, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #15 of 33
I always buy newegg when I can. Free shipping to me comes in a day, but your mileage may vary. They're very trustworthy. I would definitely see about warranty issues though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back