any experience with KRK Ergo?
Dec 16, 2009 at 12:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

eedork

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone -

I've been reading these forums for a while, although is only my first or second post.

I just noticed that the KRK Ergo has dropped in price at many online retailers. It is an intriguing little box since it includes an A/D, D/A, headphone amp, firewire connectivity, and room correction capabilities (measurement mic included).

I'm primarily interested in the Ergo for the DAC and room correction. I'll be connecting it between my Squeezebox and preamp. Apparently the DAC uses the same high end AKM4396 part that the Transporter uses.

I'd love to hear opinions on this unit. I have no affiliation with KRK, I'm just curious now that it is available in my price range.

-Matt

Jan 26, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #2 of 4
Yeah, I would be interested in this as well, as I just got my first pair of KRK Rokit6's for tracking and mixing music. I live in a rectangle studio and don't have a lot of padding on the walls, just a few heavy curtains hanging about 1 inch from the wall surrounding the speakers and the equipment. I am unsure if this is worth the price, as I have been getting wonderful sound out of these speakres where I am at, but does it work enough to correct something I am not hearing, such as minimal echoes and wall tinniness.

Feb 8, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #3 of 4
Bump. I'm interested in this as well. My Audioengine A2s are unfortunately on my desk and under a shelf, so they are basically enclosed on three sides. This makes things really boomy, and while I can mitigate this through EQ, the problem is certain resonanting frequencies. EQing isn't practical for eliminating peaks that are 20Hz wide. I wonder if the Ergo is a solution for this...

Feb 10, 2010 at 7:10 AM Post #4 of 4
Yeah, I agree. I think the Ergo is nice, but too expensive for my current needs. I feel like proper basic acoustic treatment comes before an automated equalizer, no matter how good it's supposed to be. I wonder if you could rent it from a professional studio or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back