Any experience with iStyles FabriX iPod pouches?
Oct 18, 2005 at 2:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

MikeB06

500+ Head-Fier
I am looking at buying one of these for my 5G 60GB iPod that is on the way. On the iStyles website, it says these are designed for all sizes of the 4G iPods, and it says it fits snugly and will not stretch. Since the 60GB 5G iPod is a bit slimmer than the 4G 20GB iPod, do you think this case will be loose on the 5G 60GB? Anyone have any other suggestions for this type of case, I really like the corduroy-style outside with the soft lining inside. Thanks for any info!

Oct 18, 2005 at 7:34 AM Post #2 of 21
Those cases look very much like foodpods. The "sock" style cases are by far my favourite iPod cases, because they allow easy access to the iPod itself. There is nothing worse than sticking an expensive styled item inside one of those godawful silicone cases that don't come off easily.

If you're wondering about sizing, I suggest you e-mail the manufacturer. It's likely that a 20GB 4G case (non-colour) would fit the new 30GB iPod, because the thickness is about the same. You could also check out the link to foof that I posted earlier - their stuff is handmade, and very nice. They're also going to have 5G-size cases quite soon.

Oct 18, 2005 at 12:58 PM Post #3 of 21
I emailed both the makers of the iStyles FabriX cases and foofpod cases about their compatibility with the 5G iPods. iStyles returned my email within 30 minutes and said that their case should fit great, and that they are just waiting for their 5G iPod to arrive to confirm and post on their website that they are compatible. I'll post what I hear from the foofpod people, if anyone is interested.

It really seems like these are the perfect cases for people who pocket their iPods. I had a iSkin silicone case for my iRiver iHP-140 and it wasn't too great for pocketing, as it collected a lot of lint and caused a lot of friction when removing/placing the player in my pocket.

Oct 18, 2005 at 1:20 PM Post #4 of 21
I love these cases a lot too. I want to get one for my 5g when it arrives...if it ever does...

Unfortuneately when I looked on the site most of the cases weren't in stock. Did the the guy you emailed say anything about that?

I hope they get more because I really like the monogrey one as it would go great with my black 5g.

Regards,
Dan

Oct 18, 2005 at 3:24 PM Post #5 of 21
I just placed an order for the Monogrey FabriX ipod case from iStyles, and it said it was out of stock. However, I received an email from the guy who I had previously emailed with that said the order had been approved and will ship within 48 hours, so you should be fine with ordering the out-of-stock item.

I also got a reply from foofpod, who said that their case will not fit the 5G, and that they are going to design a case for the 5G once they receive the new iPod. I am confident in the fit of the FabriX case though, the guy said that they are made just so that the 60gb 4G can pretty much barely fit, and is designed to fit the 20GB 4G snugly. Considering the size difference is so minimal, it should still fit good.

Oct 18, 2005 at 7:22 PM Post #7 of 21
This one looks sick!

ms.paisley.jpg

Oct 18, 2005 at 11:49 PM Post #8 of 21
now I'm kinda worried about the 5G fit.. Thickness wouldn't be the problem, but the 5G is noticably wider than the older ones. I'll wait til they confirm, or make a specific case.

Edit: ha, just kidding, the pictures only make the 5g look wider, but I just looked up dimensions and they are the same, give or take a few millimeters.

Oct 19, 2005 at 12:11 AM Post #9 of 21
Just ordered the monogrey corduroy from Fabrix. Can't wait to slip my black 5g in.

Regards,
Dan

Oct 19, 2005 at 4:07 PM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_McBob
Am I the only one who laughed out loud?
orphsmile.gif

Hey now, I would never, or expect any other member to find an innuendo of that type to be the least bit humorous
tongue.gif
. In all seriousness though, I personally cannot stand to wait any longer to slip my 5G in[to its appropriate Fabrix case of course
biggrin.gif
].

Oct 20, 2005 at 12:18 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Am I the only one who laughed out loud?
orphsmile.gif

Har Har!

I just found out today that my ipod has been shipped and that I will also have the fabrix case within 48 hours. wOOt!

Oct 20, 2005 at 12:55 AM Post #13 of 21
After you're finished slipping it in (
tongue.gif
), could you take some photos of how the 5G fits inside, and also of the internal material? It would be good to get some impressions of the case in general, too.

Oct 20, 2005 at 12:59 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Sneis
This one looks sick!

ms.paisley.jpg

Holy crap that's awesome. I think I like that better than my $80 Vaja case!
eek.gif

I could probably make that. Is that just cotton?

Oct 20, 2005 at 2:31 AM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

After you're finished slipping it in (
tongue.gif
), could you take some photos of how the 5G fits inside, and also of the internal material? It would be good to get some impressions of the case in general, too.

Sure thing! I was actually planning on it already.
wink.gif

Regards,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back