Any experience with galaxy buds 2 pro and linkbuds s? Which is best?

Which will you recommend for me and my usage?

• Galaxy buds 2 pro

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Sony linkbuds S

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Feb 1, 2023 at 5:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Rem91

New Head-Fier
Hi

I'm torn between galaxy buds2 pro and linkbuds s.

With a phone subscription I'll get galaxy buds2 pro for 50 usd and linkbuds S for 80 usd. The price does not matter for me.

My last earbuds I had except jabra elite active 75t is senheiser true wireless momentum 2, and I was pretty happy with the sound quality on the momentum 2, I don't know why I bought elite active 75t.
Anyway, it gets pretty uncomfortable when i lie in bed on my side while listening to audiobooks.

I use mye earbuds moste for listening to audiobooks, podcasts, talking with a friend when I'm out walking and Spotify.

I know the linkbuds s have better battery life than buds2 pro, but I often use only one earbud.

I understood that linkbuds 2 has a "fast“ charge ( 5 minutes to get 1 hour of use)
Does galaxy buds2 pro have the same?

And do anyone know home many hours on each earbud? Is it 5-6 hours on the left, and the same on the right?

The phone I have now is Samsung galaxy s20.

Do any of you have any experience with this two earbuds and any recommendations or preferences?

I love to travle so i prefer the ANC to work well. Like I said, the battery life is not the most important. But how they fit and how comfortable they are is important.

Sorry if this post is a little bit messy, English is not my native language 😊

Feb 17, 2023 at 9:10 PM Post #3 of 6
I recently got the Linkbuds S. It is very light and comfortable. The SQ is brighter and more balanced than the WF M4 and Sony's tuning is never fatiguing to my ears. With AAC at moderate volume level, I get over 6 hours and with LDAC, I get about 5 hours of listening time. The design is less bulky than the 1000X model. Whichever you've decided on, I think they are some of the best both brands have to offer.

Sep 18, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #4 of 6
Both are great tbh. Sony has better ANC (deeper fit and can change eartips to anything since it has a normal bore) the sound is good on the sonys but nothing too special although it is better than the xm4. It lacks dynamics and bass slam unfortunately it's not too dynamic sounding so it's kind of boring at times. It's a fatigue free sound signature and still sounds really nice but the buds 2 pro are much better with its sound imo, it's more dynamic and more detailed and has no real audible distortion (close to a wired pair if I'm being honest they're that good) both are great it depends on the phone you have and it's purpose for the buds. Hope this helps !

Jan 6, 2024 at 11:05 AM Post #5 of 6
For music buds2 pro has worst tuning on the market and drivers has a serious harshness problem. its not like as seen on frequency graphs. Its harsh as all revievers in youtube mentioned it too. Even with parametric eq, cant get rid of 3.2k and 7k harshness that become ear shredder with a badly mastered record with some sibilence. But its technology is far beyond its competitors its very small, confortable and good for audiobook as its boosting the hell out of those vocal frequencies. Its bass is powerfull. volume setting by tapping around somewhere your ear is very usefull feature. it has some kind of sht going on with samsung phones. Something like sony DSEE which is giving some sparkle and detail to upper treble and with samsung phones its always using high bitrate samsung scalable codec.
BTW its not a normal in-ear its loose fit a little bit like airpods pro.
if you dont care about harshness maybe usable for music with some tuning. its very weak at lower mid and upper bass which momentum tws 2 rocks at. so after momentum tws it can sound thin and shouty ass hel and very narrow for you. Momentum tws 2 has a special tuning that gives illusion of wideness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back