Any ear-buds that don't leak sound?
Feb 14, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #4 of 7
Wouldn't that be pretty much all balanced armature IEMs?

Unless you're specifically referring to "earbuds" and not mixing the term with "IEM" as is common, in which case, all true "earbuds" leak some sound, keep the volume down.  But I've yet to find many IEMs that leak sound with a handful of exceptions, namely those with open ports due to being dynamic driver (RE0, IE8, etc.) Other than ported dynamic driver models, if they leak sound, it means there's a bad seal, and you're not getting great sound quality (especially bass response) anyway.

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #5 of 7
Majority of all in-ear earphones do not leak much if any sound out, becuase they sit inside the ear canal, offering some sound isolation both directions.  Most dynamic driver earphones will have a port, and depending on the size of the port, if you listen at very high volume levels, some sound might leak out.

You don't say anything about your price range, your source, the type of music you listen to, and anything else that would help us give you recommendations.

You want the best isolation (both ways) possible with an earphone?  Get the Etymotic HF5 ($100-125) or the ER-4p ($300).

Feb 15, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
Any earphones using our tips

Comply tips took my little Etys to another level for sure, especially the bass...big difference!

I just put another pair of Complys on the Atrio M5s that just arrived today...never heard Eva Cassidy sound this good other than through my Magnepans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back