Any DTS Connect/ DD Live USB soundcard (Optical SPDIF & hardware acceleration needed)
Feb 28, 2014 at 6:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ajai_dev

New Head-Fier
So I need a USB based sound card that has hardware accelerated DDL or DTS connect encoding. I bought a Asus U7 but the DDL encoding is software based since the CPU spikes in usage while encoding. Anyone have any idea which sound card has optical SPDIF with DDL/DTSC that are hardware accelerated.

Thanks

Mar 1, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #2 of 3
  So I need a USB based sound card that has hardware accelerated DDL or DTS connect encoding. I bought a Asus U7 but the DDL encoding is software based since the CPU spikes in usage while encoding. Anyone have any idea which sound card has optical SPDIF with DDL/DTSC that are hardware accelerated.

I doubt there is anything you can do to enhance a USB sound card's software processing, short of adding more CPU cores to your computer.
Are you using a USB sound card to output DDL/DTS?

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #3 of 3
i'm searching for a USB soundcard with DTS connect too, but seem found nothing, since all the DTS connect soundcard is in PCI form, not USB
@ajai_dev: if you need a DD Live USB soundcard, have a look at Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro, it supports DD Live, but not DTS Connect, sadly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back