Any difference between front and rear audio with the Asus Essence STX?
Nov 23, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #16 of 24
Sorry to barge in here but the AD797 chips your speaking of Purple Angel would be what model exactly and are they the ic dip-8 double type chip, and do you think they would work well with Denons d-5000 or any other chip for that matter like the LME 49860 NA you are using. Thanks.

Nov 23, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #18 of 24

Quote:
Sorry to barge in here but the AD797 chips your speaking of Purple Angel would be what model exactly and are they the ic dip-8 double type chip, and do you think they would work well with Denons d-5000 or any other chip for that matter like the LME 49860 NA you are using. Thanks.

The 2nd letter at the end of the AD797XXX tells what mount the op-amps are.
N is for DIP-8, which is the socket used on the STX.
R is for SOIC, which can be soldered straight on to a PCB board or mounted on a SOIC to DIP-8 mount/adapter.

I picked the LME49860NA because it was only $15 for all three.
Also the LME49860NAs are the exactly the same chips as the LME49720NAs, which is the same as the LM4652.
The LME49860NA is the cherry pick (better voltage range) of the LME49720NAs
And lots of people use the LME49720NAs on the two I/V slots of the STX, so I thought it was a safe upgrade.
Would the AD797 be the best op-amp for the Denon D-5000, can't really say?
I would "guess" the AD797s would work great with the D-5000s.

I might try the AD797s myself,
and maybe the LME49990s also.

Nov 26, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #19 of 24
Sorry to bumping this thread, but what is the conclusion? not to use at all the front panel? : /

Its so hard to have the cable to the back of my case...knowing sometimes i can brake it because the placement of the jack it is placed in opposite direction of the direction th cable it self, its nailed (something like this >

It could easly be broken...especially because my case is close to the wall, and sometime i push it back in order to clean the fron part of it, so if i forogot i will totally destroy the jack/sound card input, same goes with standing from the chair with headphones on,please any help will be welcomed, nothing of this can happen if your using the front panel.

Nov 26, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #20 of 24

Quote:
Sorry to bumping this thread, but what is the conclusion? not to use at all the front panel? : /

Its so hard to have the cable to the back of my case...knowing sometimes i can brake it because the placement of the jack it is placed in opposite direction of the direction th cable it self, its nailed (something like this >

It could easly be broken...especially because my case is close to the wall, and sometime i push it back in order to clean the fron part of it, so if i forogot i will totally destroy the jack/sound card input, same goes with standing from the chair with headphones on,please any help will be welcomed, nothing of this can happen if your using the front panel.

I think it may vary. I hear no difference between the front and the rear. 

Nov 26, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #21 of 24
Don't you have other cables plugged into the back as well (monitor, mouse/keyboard, etc...)? Anyway, I believe it depends on your case. I notice no difference between the front and back on my case, but I know others who did notice a difference. You'll have to try it out for yourself to see how it is in your situation.

Sep 30, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #23 of 24
Just remembered this thread existed. Anyway, on my system I did notice a difference between front and rear ports. Rear sounds significantly better. One easy way to test it was the song Superman by Five for Fighting. The first 2 seconds of the song I can hear "one, two, three, four" when I was hooked into the rear port easily at 50% volume. On the front port, even on max volume, I could not hear this. I've also noticed bass response is not as great from the front port.

Tested using Essence STX for sound card and my DT770 pro 80ohm edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back