Any current portable sources that support gapless FLAC?
May 21, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #16 of 20

Quote:
Cool!  Thanks for the impressions!  I thought it might come down to Cowon and Sansa.  After further research, I think I will stick with my J3 and see how the Fiio X3 turns out.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Glad I could help!
L3000.gif

May 21, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #17 of 20
The Clip+ definitely supports gapless FLAC, as others have said.  For price/performance, I can't imagine a better player.  I paid $50 and put in the 16GB microSD card I had already and suddenly had a great sounding Rockbox enabled 20GB player.  I use mine with a PA2V2 and Grado 225i's.

May 21, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:
The Clip+ definitely supports gapless FLAC, as others have said.  For price/performance, I can't imagine a better player.  I paid $50 and put in the 16GB microSD card I had already and suddenly had a great sounding Rockbox enabled 20GB player.  I use mine with a PA2V2 and Grado 225i's.

Thanks, Shadin!  I've heard good things about the Sansa players.  I've never used Rockbox before but from what I've read, seems pretty easy to install.
I'll have to give it a shot.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

May 21, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #19 of 20
http://www.rockbox.org/  This is a mecca for quite a few of us,...I'm sure once you load up a Sansa, or even an older model iPod, it'd be a wonderful listening experience.
Quote:
HK_sends
P.S. - If you treat new posters in this forum like you are treating me, it's a wonder anyone ever posts more than once.

PS: Your a new member? I think I should be asking you for advice,... :wink: I hope you know I'm JK'ing here,...

Anyways, I think you'll find RB quite an eye-opening experience. I only hate the windows 98/2000 look of it. It DOES get the job done - and really well at that.

May 21, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:
http://www.rockbox.org/  This is a mecca for quite a few of us,...I'm sure once you load up a Sansa, or even an older model iPod, it'd be a wonderful listening experience.

PS: Your a new member? I think I should be asking you for advice,... :wink: I hope you know I'm JK'ing here,...

Anyways, I think you'll find RB quite an eye-opening experience. I only hate the windows 98/2000 look of it. It DOES get the job done - and really well at that.

Thanks, I will check it out!  I have heard good things about RockBox.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back