Any current DAPs with digital out?
Jul 8, 2006 at 8:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

OracleGuy

100+ Head-Fier
Since the iRiver h1xx series has been discontinued, are there any currently available portable DAPs with digital out? I.e., something that could be used standalone or with a DAC?

Jul 9, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #3 of 9
Well said. As I understand it they were only discontinued in the USA. I know iriver Korea still makes them and they are still around.

Jul 10, 2006 at 5:32 AM Post #4 of 9
That's why I asked -- because I didn't think it was possible to get the h140 any more.

After some further searching, doubt very much whether the h1xx series is still in production. Of course I can't read the asian language sites.

It's too bad they dropped this product. What we need is to convince some small manufacturer to produce an audiophile portable DAP.

Jul 19, 2006 at 3:34 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by OracleGuy
That's why I asked -- because I didn't think it was possible to get the h140 any more.

After some further searching, doubt very much whether the h1xx series is still in production. Of course I can't read the asian language sites.

It's too bad they dropped this product. What we need is to convince some small manufacturer to produce an audiophile portable DAP.

I know this was an off the cuff comment but does anyone actually know of a company that could be approached to do this or is already considering doing it?

Jul 19, 2006 at 6:10 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by OracleGuy
Since the iRiver h1xx series has been discontinued, are there any currently available portable DAPs with digital out? I.e., something that could be used standalone or with a DAC?

For some reason the H140s just fell off of eBay. They were all over the place, new in box, for an average of about $180 US (about what I paid for mine). The vendor must have bought a truckload, then sold them all. I wish I had bought two, because now they are relatively scarce. I would keep lurking on eBay. Try not to pay over two bills for a new one, and good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back