Any Cure For Tangled SuperFi5 Cables?
Nov 28, 2006 at 12:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

geardoc

100+ Head-Fier
Seems like my Superfi cable can get really tangled, much more than my other
IEM's. The rubberized finish seems to be the culprit. Any suggestions on
a cure for this? Are the replacement cables from Ultimate Ears as rubbery
as the original?

BTW, I love the impact-full sound from these..

Nov 29, 2006 at 6:44 AM Post #2 of 6
The 2nd gen ver of the cable is much better in this regard, its heavier and thicker so doesnt tend to bind or twist as much as the original one.

Nov 29, 2006 at 6:29 PM Post #3 of 6
I'll second what CMaston said - the 2nd generation, especially the clear version that UE include in the box, is definatly the most untangalable (?) cable on any iem I've used.

and just for my own two peneth/cents (delete as applicable) the 2nd generation (the clear one at least) is also just about the most frustrating ghastly piece of wire that I have ever had attached to any pair of headphones... it seems to me that it is constructed with the intention of deliberately inflicting pain simply because it is such a rigid cable that it constantly applies pressure to the phones
mad.gif
. Luckily I have a old black 1st gen cable and even if its tangleable its far far more comfortable to wear.

Nov 29, 2006 at 6:38 PM Post #4 of 6
But then again you can use the cable as a climbing rope, to hold up your pants, tow a car etc. It's thick alright. I also have the clear ones with that mother of a cable. Have that thinner cable too, but haven't used it yet.

Nov 30, 2006 at 3:10 AM Post #6 of 6
Nice photos in the other thread, JLai. If I might ask, where did you get the 2nd
gen cable? Are people selling both gen1 and gen2 cables?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having had both versions of the cable, I'd highly suggest you get the version 2. Its so much nicer in so many ways. Most importantly, the earloops are inside the sheathing. The version 1 earloops were killing me. So uncomfortable.

Here's a comparison I took a few months ago...
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=189541

Users who are viewing this thread

Back