Any creative sleek photo line-out cable?
Apr 12, 2007 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TerryZ

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm new here and just like to say hello first.
Does anybody know how to have a line-out from my sleek photo so I can use a portable amplifier? I checked the station dock which can connect the bottom of the player and it has a line-out function(based on the info from creative official website). This makes wonder if there is any dedicated line-out dock like those for ipod(or I just didn't find it online)?

Apr 13, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #2 of 4
It's better if you call Creative and ask them about line-out jack. ipod use 15pin line-out if it's same on sleek photo then you can use with ipod docks cables for AMPs. BTW how's the zen sleek photos sound quality? just curious,

Apr 13, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #3 of 4
I didn't find any dedicated line-out cable for sleek photo so I don't know what to ask Creative unless I want to buy the station dock and modify a line-out cable( which is almost impossible based on my knowledge in electric devices..) Also I couldn't find a big enough picture of ipod line-out cable to compare it with mine, although they look quite the "same". After checking another thread talking about LO cable, it seems like my dock is a standard JAE connector which is used in ipod. Does this mean a ipod LO cable can work on my sleek photo?
Based on all mp3 players I've used/listened, IMO The SQ of this player is reasonably good. The sound is not as exciting as ipod 5g since the treble is not that bright and base is not that strong, which makes it like being veiled somehow. But I never feel any background noise as I would notice from a ipod 5g which is quite important as I'm using a er4p.

Apr 13, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #4 of 4
New discovery!!
I found a ipod LO cable which says also works with creative zen vision( may be applicable for all ipod LO cables), and zen vision & sleek photo share the same sync cable. Does this mean the LO cable can also be used in sleek photo and have the lineout function most importantly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back