Any collection card available for headphones? What do you think about making one?
Jul 25, 2013 at 1:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

donkeywalker

100+ Head-Fier
I have a friend who's a sketch artist and we talked about headphones for hours today. I mentioned that there are a few hundred headphone models and probably less than a hundred important headphones which all have some unique natures with some of them having special abilities. Then we start talking about creating crafted collection cards for headphones with some sort of "consensus" regarding the headphone features with the help of forum resource. ( it's interesting to look at  http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13 )

My question is, do you guys think this is worth doing? Any proposals or suggestions to gather data for the cards? I'm pretty confident we can get stunning sketches of the phones on them. I'd like to open a thread here and see how it goes. 

If things went smooth, I'm thinking about putting the final card design online so people can either download and print themselves or buy high quality cards from a designated distributor. Also anyone have experience in collection card printing business ? 

Jul 25, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #3 of 3
I think photos are very explicit and realistic and some subjectivity and art touch in the sketches might be interesting ? It might also be interesting to make it into a poker deck.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back