Any Civ IV fans out there?
Aug 18, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #16 of 18
I just found my copy of IV this past weekend when moving furniture around the house to rearrange the whole house.  Then I picked up the Dream Machine issue of MaximumPC and saw that Civ V was coming.  Looking forward to it as well, but I'll also probably wait until the holidays to pick it up unless it goes on sale at first release like they usually do...

Sep 1, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #18 of 18
109 918! Finally broke that 100 000 barrier! I've been trying to for a few weeks now, ever since I posted my last score. On a Pangaea map, with the Celts and Brennus, finished the game in 1470 AD (a full 2 centuries before my next best finish). Got Hinduism fast, and with it befriended Montezuma, my next door neighbor (if you have played the game, you know that there are certain leaders that are VERY aggressive and will attack as soon as possible, Montezuma is the worst). Built up an army and attacked Isabella, who was woefully unprepared. Got 2 cities and vassalized her.

I then intervened in the war between Montezuma (I told you he was aggressive) and Hannibal, on Monty's side. This got me a declaration of war from Napoleon the next turn. I got two of Hannibla's towns, and vassalized him. Before I could turn to Napoleon, however, Monty asked for my help against Wan Kong (Monty just has this knack for making friends) and, since I was in the neighborhood (Carthage, now mine, being between the two) I gladly obliged, took two town and vassalized the Koreans. Turning south, where Isabella was holding out against Napoleon, I took a town and vassalized him.

All that were left then were Hammurabi and Monty. I just massed my army on Hammurabi's border, declared war, took two towns and vassalized him. Unfortunately, Hammurabi had plans for Wan Kong and took his last city (oh well, you gain a vassal, you lose a vassal). All that was left was me and my good friend Monty. My army had to trek thorugh the entire continent and, you guessed it, took two towns and vassalized him. Conquest victory! Monty just broke his teeth on one of Hannibal's well fortified cities.

Great game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back